What You Need to Know:
- PROMIC, the leading Japanese entertainment industry foundation to support the growth of Japanese music internationally, continues to build awareness for its recent launch of the Japan Anime Music Lab. (JAMLAB.). Continued synergy between anime and Japanese music artists, who perform the theme songs to many top-rated series and feature films, has greatly expanded each genre’s passionate fanbases, both across Japan and internationally.
- The Japan Anime Music Lab. website (www.japan-animemusic.com) serves as an official information hub to connect international audiences and entertainment and music industry professionals with the top echelon of Japanese “ani-song” artists and their respective official representatives.
- Coinciding with Anime Japan 2018, the Japan Anime Music Lab. posted an exclusive interview with Shunji Inoue, President of Lantis Co., Ltd., the preeminent Tokyo-based record label specializing in “ani-song” artists as well as music from video games. Many Lantis recording artists are featured on the Japan Anime Music Lab. website. Lantis is also the sponsor and partner of Anime Expo’s Anisong World Matsuri event, which has become a key attraction of the annual convention.
- Japanese companies and record labels participating in JAMLAB. currently include AVEX, SACRA MUSIC (a Sony Music label), Lantis, King Record, Pony Canyon, Flying Dog, Yoshimoto Music Entertainment, For Life Music Entertainment, NBCUniversal Entertainment Japan, MAGES., Being, Nippon Columbia, Tokuma Japan Communications, and Toho Music.
- Artists currently featured on the JAMLAB. website include: Maaya Sakamoto, Nana Mizuki, May'n, Ali Project, LiSA, JAM Project, Kalafina, EGOIST, ClariS, GARNiDELiA, Konomi Suzuki, fripSide, Nagi Yanagi, and Kanoko Ito. The interview with Mr. Inoue is available can be seen here.
Source: Official Press Release
The more ani-songs I have the better. GIMME NOW!
Glad to see they have fripSide on the list! I love that group!