New Updates to the We Are Vana’diel Special Site Now Live
What You Need to Know:
- SQUARE ENIX® today released the August version update for FINAL FANTASY® XI Online, featuring the latest update to The Voracious Resurgence™ storyline. This month’s update also brings a number of exciting campaigns and in-game events for players to participate in and earn special rewards.
- Additionally, new content is now available on the WE ARE VANA’DIEL website—the recently debuted special site featuring developer commentary and interviews, an artwork gallery, and other content for players to enjoy. The latest update features a four-part interview with Hiromichi Tanaka, along with the debut of the “My Playlist” content, in which developers share playlists of their favorite FINAL FANTASY XI Online songs, beginning with Mr. Tanaka. Furthermore, the first entry in the next developer interview with Yosuke Saito, along with new developer commentary in the WE REMEMBER VANA’DIEL timeline has been added.
- Players can also enjoy additional content in the August version update, including:
- Voracious Resurgence Update – Protect the Aht Urhgan landscape from a malevolent force alongside new characters, including Ghatsad, Megomak, and Ramuh.
- New Ambuscade Content – Challenge the iconic sage Ramuh in a new challenge, as well as the Citrullus, who returns to the fold this month.
- Sunbreeze Festival and Green Festival – Between now and August 31, players can participate in exciting shows and parties in several locations throughout Vana’diel, as well as receive awards and items.
- Bulk Up This Summer Campaign – Starting August 12, players can look forward to several campaigns, which will award players double to triple the normal amount of chain experience and capacity points, as well as improvements to players’ alter egos’ stats and many other bonuses to help quickly strengthen and level up characters.
- Summer Alter Ego Extravaganza – For the month of August, special alter ego ciphers are making an epic comeback for a limited time so players can flesh out their rosters.
- August Login Campaign – Players can receive numerous awards that they may have missed from May to July through the new login campaign, including Red Raptor Mount, Silver Gun and Leafkin Bed.
- Return Home to Vana’diel – From Friday, August 13 and through Monday, August 23 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT), players who are taking a break from FINAL FANTASY XI are invited to come back and experience the August update at no cost. Additional details are available here:http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/wcb/index.html
- Discount Campaign – From Friday, August 13 through Tuesday, August 31 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) the Vana'diel Collection 4 is available at a discounted price. Similarly, the World Transfer Service will have reduced prices for players to take advantage of joining their friends who reside on different worlds. Additional details are available here: http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/discount/index.html
- Full details for the August version update can be found here: https://sqex.link/gb45a
- FINAL FANTASY XI Online adventurers can now find old friends with the FFXI ReFriender tool. The application aids players of the acclaimed SQUARE ENIX® MMORPG title in reuniting with friends that have shared past adventures, resuming their exciting journey, and even seeking out that “certain someone” with whom they roamed the land of Vana'diel® in years past. More information on the FFXI ReFriender system may be found at https://refriender.finalfantasyxi.com/.
- FINAL FANTASY XI Online is an online multiplayer RPG that challenges players to journey through the world of Vana’diel® — a world of fantasy, adventure, and exploration. Heed the call and join players from around the world to become the hero that Vana’diel needs. Discover new creatures, pioneer wild lands, and conquer quests on your daring journey.
- FINAL FANTASY XI Online is rated T (Teen). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.
- Related Links:
Official Website: https://press.na.square-enix.com/
Official FINAL FANTASY XI Website: http://www.playonline.com/ff11/index.shtml
Official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FinalFantasyXI/
Official Twitter: @FFXI_EN
About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal™. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 163 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 83 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 84 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at https://square-enix-games.com.
Source: Official Press Release