- System: PC
- Publisher: Itch.io
- Developer: Team Scallywag
- Release Date: May 1, 2019
- Price:pay what you want
- Genre: visual novel
- Players: 1
- Official Website: https://teamscallywag.itch.io/joestar-struck
Who it Caters to
You’ll love this Ren’Py visual novel if you can’t get enough of these boys with just their canon stories alone. The player character has no set gender and the romance elements only go as far as kissing, so it’s accessible for all orientations and age groups.
What to Expect
Since this is a free indie game made by a small team, the routes are relatively short and the art is either repurposed from official material or drawn by the developers themselves. It’s not the most polished experience, but the ramshackle presentation gives the game an atmosphere of wholesomeness—a feeling that this is a passion project made by fans who truly adore the series.
The player character transfers into the school and spends the summer with their new friends—going on trips to the beach, trying to take care of a flour sack “child”, breaking into the school to change a grade, and many more charming hijinks. You grow closer with them over time, learning their personal struggles and helping them through hard times. It’s absolutely adorable.
- Solid story and dialogue choices that stay true to Araki’s characters
- Cameos from Dio, Kakyoin, Jolyne, and others
- Accessible for any player, regardless of orientation or age
- Made by a team that clearly loves JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure
- Somewhat amateurish art and music
- Several bugs, unclear how to unlock all CG art slides
- Only the first four JoJos available to date at this time