"We want to sing like that! We want to shine, too!"
What You Need to Know:
- KLab Inc., a leader in online mobile games, announced a new multimedia music project called "aoppella!?" based on a story of high school students discovering the art of a cappella.
- "aoppella!?" is KLab's latest original multimedia music project built on the themes of "youth" and "a cappella"!
- Story: It was on that unforgettable day that the boys found themselves changed. In front of them were ordinary high school students just like them. There were no flashy costumes or musical instruments. But the moment they began to sing a surreal harmony filled the air and the crowd went wild. "We want to sing like that! We want to shine, too!"
- High school students captivated by the art of a cappella aim for the top in the exclusive high school a cappella contest, "Aoppella". They try to perfect their pitch as the show is about to begin!
- Cast and Characters: The main characters are an eclectic group of high school students who attend Otowa Public High School and Kanadezaka Private High School. The voice actors who will bring these characters to life have shared their comments to commemorate the project announcement!
- Hajime Suzumiya CV: Ryohei Kimura
- Comment from Ryohei Kimura: Aoppella is finally starting! Not only are the a cappella songs amazing, but the characters and the drama surrounding them are also fun and very compelling. Please enjoy it!
- Rin Tanba CV: Ryota Osaka
- Comment from Ryota Osaka: a cappella was a first for me so the recording was difficult, but I took my time with it and I think we made good music. After recording, they mixed the songs and I was amazed that it really was a cappella! I think we can deliver something that exceeds expectations.
- Michitaka Kariyazono CV: KENN
- Comment from KENN: 10 years have passed and now the project has been revived as aoppella! I am truly honored to be a part of it. I look forward to contributing one note in the song that will make up this story, as the character Michitaka Kariyazono. A cappella. Last time I gave it my all and this time I plan to do the same!
- Luka Shihou CV: Tetsuya Kakihara
- Comment from Tetsuya Kakihara: "perabu!" The 10 years that we have waited to make this a reality have gotten up ready for aoppella!
- Sayo Soenji CV: Tomoaki Maeno
- Comment from Tomoaki Maeno: I am glad to be back. It will be thanks to your support that we can grow together with these characters.
- Maito Coresawa CV: Yuki Ono
- Comment from Yuki Ono: I'm happy to be able to participate in this project again! I hope you can enjoy not just their challenge, but ours as well!
- Mitsuo Ayase CV: Toshiyuki Toyonaga
- Comment from Toshiyuki Toyonaga: A cappella? No, it's aoppella! I hope that this journey with a cappella leaves you feeling youthful!
- Akira Shigaki CV: Wataru Urata
- Comment from Wataru Urata: For the first time, I will challenge the complex genre of a cappella! It was a very good experience because it is a genre that I don't usually deal with. The recording was more fun than I expected, so I want to keep learning more about a cappella in the future!
- Asaharu Soenji CV: Takuya Sato
- Comment from Takuya Sato: Looking at the project and the members, I got excited and had to comment, "This looks interesting!" Please stay tuned! I'll do my best!
- Yui Nekoyashiki CV: Daiki Hamano
- Comment Daiki Hamano: Congratulations on the start of aoppella! I'm really looking forward to it. As Yui Nekoyashiki, I want to do everything I can to impress everyone who supports this project.
- Fukami Shinkai CV: Shugo Nakamura
- Comment from Shugo Nakamura: We will take on the art of a cappella, with only voice actors! I don't know what will happen, but I'll do my best, so I'd be grateful if you could watch us in this endeavor!
- The "aoppella?!" project's first music video has been released. The two high school groups cover popular Japanese songs in a cappella, and you can enjoy two songs as a medley.
- Kanadezaka Private High School members covered "Hakujitsu" by King Gnu, and members of Otowa Public High School covered "Pretender" of Official HIGE DANdism. Check it out now on the official YouTube channel!
- "aoppella?!" Official Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCosIfP7AX7yAPV-wEDz5m4Q
- About Future Development for "aoppella!?" The "aoppella?!" project plans to release various content that allows fans to enjoy the new world of music and characters in the future.
- Main Future Plans
- Release video commentary on the charm of a cappella
- Character self-introduction previews
- Release of original music and music videos
- Check out the official website and Twitter account (@aoppella) for further details and announcements!
Otowa Public High School
Kanadezaka Private High School
Official J-Pop Music Video Covers of King Gnu's "Hakujitsu" and Official HIGE DANdism "Pretender" Released!
King Gnu "Hakujitsu" A Cappella Cover
Singers: Kanadezaka Private High School Members
Maito Coresawa CV: Yuki Ono
Mitsuo Ayase CV: Toshiyuki Toyonaga
Akira Shigaki CV: Wataru Urata
Asaharu Soenji CV: Takuya Sato
Yui Nekoyashiki CV: Daiki Hamano
Fukami Shinaki CV: Shugo Nakamura
Lyrics and Composition: Daiki Tsuneta
A Cappella Arrangement: Tetsuo Tachibana
ⓒ2019 by NIPPON TELEVISION MUSIC CORPORATION & Tristone Holdings Inc. & Sony Music Publishing (Japan) Inc
Official HIGE DANdism "Pretender" A Cappella Cover
Singers: Otowa Public High School Members
Hajime Suzumiya CV: Ryohei Kimura
Rin Tanba CV: Ryota Osaka
Michitaka Kariyazono CV: KENN
Luka Shiho CV: Tetsuya Kakihara
Sayo Soenji CV: Tomoaki Maeno
Lyrics and Composition: Satoshi Fujihara
A Cappella Arrangement: Tetsuo Tachibana
ⓒ2019 by FUJIPACIFIC MUSIC INC.
PONY CANYON MUSIC PUBLISHING INC. & LASTRUM Music Entertainment Inc.
Source: Official Press Release
KLab is a leader in online mobile gaming. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Tokyo, the company is listed on the 1st Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange. KLab has consistently ranked as one of the top 52 grossing game publishers worldwide since 2012. With its emphasis on quality and innovative games, KLab continues to grow at a rapid pace, expanding beyond the Japanese market with an office in Shanghai. For more information about KLab, please visit http://www.klab.com/jp/english/.