- System: Android, iOS
- Publisher: Netmarble
- Developer: Netmarble
- Release Date: May 2, 2018
- Rating: NR
- Genre: RPG
- Players: 1
- Official Website: http://knightsgbweb.netmarble.com/en
Who it Caters to
What to Expect
Similar to most mobile games, Knights Chronicle is completely free and playing this added content based on the RWBY world also will cost you nothing. Upon booting the game up, the opening screen changes to show the event is ongoing and from there you basically will see some new rewards that players can earn with some grinding and daily log ins. The main element to Knights Chronicle X RWBY is the fact you can unlock the show’s biggest characters and fight off against one of them in a special SP dungeon. Are these characters worth spending time—and possibly money—on getting? Yes and no to give you the short answer.
Working in favor of Knights Chronicle X RWBY is that of the four heroines and one villain, we obtained three of them in our several days of playing and summon rolling. Ruby, Yang and Cinder are the three ladies we obtained with Yang being the easiest to nab as she’s a login bonus day one. When you level these bad *** girls up, you’ll notice their skill sets make them a great addition to any high leveled team. Ruby herself is agile and filled with some punishing moves using her scythe-gun while Yang has a mean counter attack move and hits with some heavy damage. Cinder is a strong foe, too and is the harder one to obtain as you need to beat her SP dungeon and that is recommended for levels 50+. When you do nab her though Cinder adds a mean fire themed move set to your party and can be quite strong in comparison to Knights Chronicle other fire-based heroes.
Where Knights Chronicle X RWBY falls a bit short is the amount of content it has and the high rate of luck needed to obtain these girls. We’ve spent a good couple thousand crystals—some of which were generously provided by Netmarble for our review—and only nabbed Ruby. Expect to pump out some hard-earned time crystal farming or spend some wicked real-world currency to gain these four heroines before the event ends. We also wished there were a few more SP dungeons or events to possibly use as a means of unlocking the RWBY characters. Besides even that, Knights Chronicle X RWBY feels very simple in terms of other collabs which made us a bit sad but we still appreciate Netmarble for even showing love to RWBY in the first place.
Honey's Gameplay Consensus:
- Seeing team RWBY and Cinder in Knights Chronicle puts a smile on our faces
- The characters themselves (at least the ones we’ve gained) are strong heroines who truly make the work to nab them worth it
- Character animations and skills sets are beautiful which in turn keep Knights Chronicle feeling like it was before
- Free to download and free to enjoy makes it a bit easier to recommend Knights Chronicle X RWBY
- Could have used a few more SP dungeons featuring RWBY villains
- The roll chances for RWBY characters will make you sigh as you will need some serious crystals or summon tickets if you want a chance at them