What You Need to Know:
- Beloved countryside miko and bear spirit anime, Kuma Miko has just went off air. Much to everyone's delight, the show proved to be fairly popular and many poeple enjoyed it. It did well in the polls too!
- However.... it appears that not everyone is happy. The creator of Kuma Miko, Masue Yoshimoto, took to her blog, which is a tumblr, and aired her feelings about the final episode and some dirty laundry.
- The following has been deleted from her tumblr, but thanks to the power of the internet, we have it and we are bringing you the translation as well!
- Her comments come in after a stunning finale where Yoshio *SPOILERS* compares Machi competing in the idol contest as a representative of her village to how the priestesses were human sacrifies in the past as talked about in the beginning of the series. Read for yourself below!
- About the Anime.
- I watched the end of Kuma Miko. Congratulations to the staff on all of their hard work. They must have had difficulties while working on all of this.
- I felt the power of Kuma Miko deep within me. Thank you for working so hard until the very end.
- I forewent checking the script because they are professionals at what they do, so I left it to them. I am not qualified to say this but, if you hear my thoughts, as a fan of the original work, I think what Yoshio said was cruel.
Reactions Around the Web
As figured, I knew that the author could not have had a hand in how the series turned out.
To be honest, the whole series was garbage. The original is much better.
Could this all be a ploy to get people to buy more?
The script writer has to be running for his life right about now.
The poor seiyuu of this series.
I mean I am not saying that idols should not be respected for what they do, but the author is right. It was a bit harsh what went down.
Human sacrifies are no joke and I think that the way they just dismissed her whole role as an adorable character like that really was cruel. Poor Machi.