What You Need to Know:
- During last night’s Nintendo Direct, Capcom revealed new monsters, returning favorites, two new locations, and glimpses of the looming Rampage in the latest trailer for Monster Hunter™ Rise. The dramatic trailer includes first looks at the new monsters Rakna-Kadaki and Almudron, five returning monsters, and the residents of Kamura Village banding together to fend off the incoming Rampage. After leaving the village, hunters will be able to explore the newly-announced Lava Caverns and sun-scorched Sandy Plains, in addition to the previously revealed hunting locales, when the game comes to Nintendo Switch™ on March 26, 2021. Check it out below!
- As hunters investigate the source of the incoming Rampage, they will encounter the fearsome Rakna-Kadaki. The Rakna-Kadaki covers its body in thread, masking its appendages in a white shroud. This thread is also used to hinder hunters’ movements, rooting them in place before Rakna-Kadaki spews a combustible gas from its maw. While Rakna-Kadaki alone is a fierce predator, it is also known to carry its Rachnoid larvae in tow to support its movements and help capture its prey. Rakna-Kadaki and its brood make their home in the cracks and crags of the Lava Caverns’ once molten stone. The massive caves of the Lava Caverns were built over centuries by two competing forces: the slow, scorching flow of lava, and a steady torrent of clear and cold water. Hunters must stay alert for Rakna-Kadaki, and any number of threats, while exploring this dangerous, yet picturesque, locale.
- Spurred by the Rampage, the normally remote Almudron has descended from its mountain home to wreak havoc on the settlements near Kamura. This monster covers its body in mud to deflect incoming attacks, and flings the sticky slurry at any approaching hunters to bog down their movements. The golden liquid it secretes from its tail dissolves sand and stone alike, allowing Almudron to stop prey in their tracks by creating an instant pit of sinking sand. Almudron is an incredibly invasive threat to the barren wilderness of the Sandy Plains. There, the sun-scorched sands radiate an oppressive heat during the day, and at night, the area is beautifully illuminated by moonlight that offers no concealment from nocturnal predators.
- Hunters will also have to contend with a number of returning monsters while braving the Lava Caverns and Sandy Plains, including the “Queen of the Land” Rathian, territorial Diablos, easily enraged Rajang, the “Rock Wyvern” Basarios, and rapidly rotating Volvidon.
- In addition to a glimpse of the twin Quest Maidens Hinoa and Minoto lending a hand, fans received a first look at an Apex monster spurring the horde towards Kamura. More information on the incoming Rampage will be shared soon.
- The new entry in the acclaimed Monster Hunter action RPG series, Monster Hunter Rise will transport players to the colorful Kamura Village. After hunters equip their armor and select from one of the various weapon types, players set out to defeat monsters to progress through the game. Items from fallen foes can be used to craft unique weapons and armor that will increase their chances of future success and survival. The debut of the new “Wirebug” mechanic which allows for wire-based grappling actions, and the new Palamute companion provide new traversal and attack options. Hunters can tackle challenges solo, or with up to three other players in local or cooperative online play, while also taking advantage of the versatility of the Nintendo Switch system, which allows for hunting anywhere, anytime and with anyone!
- In addition to the MSRP $59.99 Standard Edition (physical and digital) of Monster Hunter Rise, a special MSRP $69.99 Deluxe Edition will include the Standard Edition of the game (physical or digital), as well as a digital DLC pack voucher that can be redeemed for bonus in-game content such as a “Kamurai” full layered armor set, exclusive gestures, cosmetic items and more.
About Monster Hunter Rise
Source: Official Press Release
That looks incredible!!!
Even I can't wait for this one!