Explore a Deep and Engaging World of Gods, Demons, and Brave Warriors Inspired by Ancient Chinese Legends
What You Need to Know:
- Experience first-hand the wondrous spectacle of a world inspired by ancient Chinese legend for the first time in the West in Swords of Legends Online, coming to Europe, North and Latin America thanks to prolific MMO publisher Gameforge and developers Wangyuan Shengtang & Aurogon. In today’s new video, players will get a look at the fascinating world and compelling story behind the breathtaking visuals and thrilling combat. The war between light and darkness rages on, and only the bravest heroes can reawaken the legendary swords and vanquish the evil that stains the land!
- In the beginning, there was only chaos, and from chaos came Pingu, the creator of heaven and earth. Upon his death, Pingu’s remains transformed into two substances that would change the world: pure qi, and dark qi. From the pure qi came the gods of good, the virtuous Nüwa, the merciful Shennong, the god of death itself, Yama, and the god that would gift humanity superhuman abilities and immortality, Fuxi. Birthed from the dark qi was the plague goddess Jiegou, with her army of Blightbeasts and army of foul creatures of the shadow.
- Humans are creatures that crave power, and thus the Ancestral Sword was forged, powered by the sacrificed soul of the original wielder’s brother. It was a weapon that was so devastating, so incredibly potent, that it could wound the gods themselves! This great act had unfortunate consequences, however, inspiring the wicked Longyuan Clan to sacrifice the souls of untold numbers of innocent victims to create the Seven Ancient Swords. These abominable weapons were so destructive that the blacksmith who created them was banished to the underworld, a realm of cold and ghosts.
- Since then, many wars have been fought, many battles won and lost, but the memories of the gods and the mythical swords began to fade. The gods themselves have been silent for a long time, and the dangers of the past remain undefeated. A new generation of warriors must learn how to awaken the power of the ancient swords and finally put the evil powers of dark qi to rest!
- Learn more about the world of Swords of Legends Online by watching the trailer below!
- Based on the massively popular Chinese legends that inspired a multi-award-winning television series, several movies, novels, and series of beloved games including the recent MMORPG Gu Jian Qi Tan Online, Swords of Legends Online introduces a fully remastered and improved version of the highly anticipated Triple-A saga to a new audience. Players will explore an eons-long clash between the forces of light and darkness. Only those chosen by the spirit of the legendary sword buried deep within themselves may unlock the powers necessary to banish the fog of evil, death, and destruction that threaten to consume this tempestuous world. Players will become absorbed in the deep, vivid visuals and narrative as they hone their combat skills, form alliances, defeat fearsome enemies and bosses that spawn throughout the dangerous dungeons and world maps, enemy factions, and even the gods themselves.
- Swords of Legends Online will be available for Windows PC via the official Gameforge client, Steam, and Epic Games Store with text language support in English, French, and German, and English voiceovers. The game is available for pre-purchase in three editions for $39.99 USD (€39.99), $59.99 USD (€59.99), and $99.99 USD (€99.99). Players who pre-purchase the game will receive a pre-order bonus which includes exclusive cosmetic in-game items, and access to the closed beta trials. Additionally, the pre-purchase will also provide access to character name reservation and character creation before the official launch.
- More exciting news will be coming soon! Keep up to date with the latest Swords of Legends Online news by following the game on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Twitch, and Discord. The official Swords of Legends Online website and Steam Coming Soon Page are now live with more information about the game and its content.
- Tune into the developer live stream and Q&A by visiting https://www.twitch.tv/swordsoflegendsonline tomorrow, April 28 at 3:00 PM EDT / 12:00 PM PDT / 9:00 PM CEST to learn more about Swords of Legends Online!
- Gameforge is giving fans a chance to get in on the action with an incredible giveaway! Enter before May 10 for a chance to win access to the Swords of Legends Online closed beta here.
Source: Official Press Release
Gosh, this game looks epic!