TMS Entertainment Declares 2021 the Year of Lupin to Celebrate 50th Anniversary of the Gentleman Thief’s Debut in an Animated Format
What You Need to Know:
- TMS Entertainment today announced the digital release of LUPIN THE 3rd: The Mystery of Mamo on Amazon’s Prime Video. LUPIN THE 3rd: The Mystery of Mamo was Lupin III’s first animated film released in 1978.
- This year marks the 50th year since the gentleman thief Lupin III debuted in an animated format back in 1971 with LUPIN THE 3rd: PART 1. Since then, the LUPIN THE 3rd franchise has followed adventures of Lupin and his friends through six television series, over ten theatrical releases, and 27 feature-length TV specials.
- In addition to the release of Mystery of Mamo, TMS Entertainment also have announced various events and releases of Lupin specials to make 2021 the Year of Lupin. Following event are set to launch in the months of February and March with more to be announced throughout the year:
- Top 50 Episodes Countdown: specially curated episodes of LUPIN THE 3rd by the series producer-will be made available on TMS Entertainment’s YouTube channel.
- Digital releases of fan favorites and criminally underrated LUPIN THE 3rd TV specials and OVAs will be announced throughout the year starting with LUPIN THE 3rd PART 4, LUPIN THE 3rd: Italian Game and LUPIN THE 3rd: Dragon of Doom slated for release on Amazon’s Prime Video platform later this month.
- Following the recent release of the critically acclaimed LUPIN THE 3rd: Castle of Cagliostro on 4K UHD, March 30 will see the release of LUPIN the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine and LUPIN THE 3rd: Missed by a Dollar on Blu-ray.
- TMS Entertainment has also released a short trailer commemorating the 50th anniversary of Lupin’s first animated appearance!
- Watch LUPIN THE 3rd: The Mystery of Mamo on Amazon Prime Video! https://amzn.to/3rcJgXg
Source: Official Press Release
About LUPIN THE 3rd
Created in 1967 by Monkey Punch and making its anime debut in 1971 with LUPIN THE 3rd PART 1, LUPIN THE 3rd is a highly acclaimed media franchise that follows the adventures of the world’s greatest thief Lupin III, the grandson of famed French master thief Arsène Lupin. Together with Daisuke Jigen, an expert marksman, and Goemon Ishikawa, a master swordsman whose sword can cut anything; Lupin travels across the globe to rob the world of its most valued treasures whilst always staying one step ahead of Inspector Zenigata and his Interpol agents. https://tmsanime.com/lupin-the-3rd
About TMS Entertainment USA, Inc.
TMS Entertainment USA, Inc. is a subsidiary of TMS Entertainment Co., Ltd. (better known as TMS. By maintaining a balance of creativity and business production, TMS Entertainment provides a one-stop shop for services from IP creation to consumer satisfaction improvement, centered around its animation production, licensing, and content businesses. TMS Entertainment has continuously produced much-loved anime titles in Japan, including "LUPIN THE 3rd," "Dr. STONE," and “MEGALOBOX” while connecting its library of over 12,000 episodes across a total of 420 titles to its global business.