What You Need to Know:
- MindaRyn is a Thai anisong singer who gained popularity through her anisong cover videos, and her YouTube channel has over 900,000 subscribers. She made her long-awaited debut as an anisong singer in Japan on November 18 last year with “BLUE ROSE knows,” the ending theme of By the Grace of the Gods. Now, MindaRyn is planning to release her second single “Like Flames” on August 25, 2021!
- “Like Flames” is a fast-paced rock song written and composed by Sachiko, the vocalist and guitarist of the girl’s rock band FliP. It will be used as the second opening theme song for season 2 of That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, which will be broadcast on TOKYO MX and other TV stations from July 6, 2021 at 23:00 every Tuesday.
- The coupling tracks are “You and I,” a new song written by Misaki from the rock band SpecialThanks, and Little Soldier (English Version), a translated cover of the second ending theme song of season 1 of That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime.
- MindaRyn will also be performing the ending theme song of Sacks&Guns!!, the first work from Project ANIMA, an initiative to create new original works of anime dedicated to the anime fans of the 2020s. Sacks&Guns!! will begin airing in the fall of 2021.
Comment from MindaRyn
Sawadika! This is Thai anisong singer MindaRyn.
TenSura is very popular in Thailand, and I’m also a huge fan, so I was very happy and excited to be chosen to sing the opening theme song!
“Like Flames” is a rock song with a powerful fighting spirit. The flames represent Rimuru’s fiery passion to create the world he envisions.
I feel that Rimuru’s story, from being reincarnated as a slime to eventually becoming a Demon King, is similar to my own journey, during which I’ve met so many wonderful people and received so much support and power, so I’ll be singing with all my heart.
I hope this song will flare up in your heart and make you feel ready to face tomorrow with all your might!
MindaRyn 2nd Single “Like Flames”
Release date: August 25, 2021 (Wed)
Price: ¥1,430 (including 10% tax) / ¥1,300 (excluding tax)
Product No.: LACM-24139
Specifications: CD band with special illustration
1. Like Flames
Lyrics/Composition: Sachiko, Arrangement: Hisashi Koyama
(Second opening theme song of season 2 of That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime)
2. You and I
Lyrics/Composition: Misaki (SpecialThanks), Arrangement: Haruka Kikuchi
3. Little Soldier (English Version)
Lyrics: Kimiko, Composition: Shun Aratame, Arrangement: Haruka Kikuchi, English Translation: Joelle
(English cover of second ending theme song of season 1 of That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime)
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime is a media mix based on a web novel of the same title that was originally posted on the user-generated novel publishing website Shōsetsuka ni Narō by the author Fuse. It is also known as TenSura. The first volume of the novels, which was significantly edited and revised from the web version, was published by GC Novels (Micro Magazine) in 2014.
The first season of the TV anime first aired in October 2018, and as of May 2021, the total number of copies sold has exceeded 25 million. Part one of season 2 began airing in January 2021; a spin off series, The Slime Diaries: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, began airing in April; and part two of season 2 will begin airing on TOKYO MX and other stations from July.
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime official website: https://www.ten-sura.com/anime/tensura
Sacks&Guns!! Ending theme song “Shine”
Lyrics/Composition: Misaki (SpecialThanks)
Arrangement: Hisashi Koyama
Drafting: Nekotaro Inui “Drilling Labyrinth Marker”
Director/Series Composition: Junichi Wada
Scriptwriters: Shingo Nagai, Mariko Mochizuki, Toshizo Nemoto
Character Drafting: Yuji Iwahara
Animation Character Design: Shunpei Mochizuki
Concept Design: Kazuma Koda
Monster Concept Design: Shoji Kawamori
Mecha Design: Stanislas Brunet (Studio No Border)
Monster Mechanics Design: Hiroyuki Taiga
Prop Design: Takahiro Ishimoto, Kenichi Morioka
Art Setting: Ryu Sakamoto (BIC Studio)
Art Director: Minoru Oonishi (BIC Studio)
Color Design: Miho Hasegawa (Hiyori)
Cinematographer: Tsuyoshi Shimura (T2studio)
Assistant Director: Tenpei Mishio
Editing: Shuji Matsumoto
3DCG Director: Hiroyuki Goto
2D Works: Noriko Nakamura
Sound Director: Eriko Kimura
Sound Producer: Tohokushinsha
Music: Kato Tatsuya
Music Producer: Lantis
Animation Producer: SATELIGHT
Opening theme song: Koukotsu Labyrinth by Masaaki Endoh
Ending theme song: Shine by MindaRyn
In the distant future, humans live shoulder to shoulder in underground colonies.
Outside of these colonies is a dangerous untamed area known as the “Labyrinth,” and those who risk their lives to explore it are known as “Markers.”
Memenpuu, a nine-year-old girl who wants to be a Marker, and her father Gaganbah, a former Marker. Together, this father and daughter pair will challenge the Labyrinth!
“If there’s no path forward, we’ll just have to dig one!”
Satelight’s mecha action adventure series will begin airing in the fall of 2021!
Project ANIMA is an initiative to create new original works of anime dedicated to the anime fans of the 2020s. Over the course of 2018, ideas were solicited from the public in three categories: SF/Robot, Isekai/Fantasy, and Kids/Games. The selected works will be animated by SATELIGHT, J.C.STAFF, and Doga Kobo.
Source: Official Press Release