What You Need to Know:
- Minori Suzuki, who just released her sixth CD single “BROKEN IDENTITY” on June 1, has more release information to share!
- “Wherever,” the ending theme song for the TV anime Black Summoner, which began airing this July, will be released as a digital single on August 7. “Wherever” is Suzuki’s first R&B tune. Its slow groove and lyrics will gently draw you in and help you relax at the end of the anime.
- At the same time, a new artist's photo was revealed. In line with the atmosphere of the song, it shows a chic and mature Suzuki. Although she is well into her career, her powers of expression and ability to sing a wide range of genres continue to evolve. She will also be voicing the character Sera in the anime.
- In other news, Suzuki will be holding her first fan club-only event. Held in celebration of the fan club’s 4th anniversary, it will be her first face-to-face event with the club. It is guaranteed to make lots of smiles and bring the fans closer to Suzuki. We hope you will join us.
- Please keep an eye on the future activities of Minori Suzuki, who is gaining more and more momentum as both a voice actress and singer!
Comment on “Wherever” from Minori Suzuki
“I’ve tried many types of music through my work so far, but this is the first time I’ve done R&B! Not only is it unusual for me, but it’s also quite a rare genre in the anisong world. This song maintains the worldview of the anime, while also providing a little contrast in a good way. It’s the ending theme, so please take your time and enjoy it while you reflect on the events of the day’s episode. I’m also looking forward to seeing how the ending video will turn out.”
Title: Digital Single “Wherever” Ending theme of TV anime Black Summoner
Release date: August 7, 2022
Lyrics/Composition: MALIYA, Arrangement: Island State Music
Available on streaming services and major download sites such as the iTunes Store, RecoChoku, and more from August 7.
Streaming services: Apple Music, LINE MUSIC, Spotify, YouTube Music, Amazon Music Unlimited, AWA, KKBOX, Rakuten Music, TOWER RECORDS MUSIC, ANiUTa
In spring of 2015, at the age of 17, Suzuki auditioned for the new diva role in the TV anime Macross Delta and beat out nearly 8,000 other auditionees. In April of 2016, she officially started her voice actress career, voicing Freyja Wion, one of the heroines of Macross Delta. She is also active as an ace vocalist in the idol group Walküre in the series.
She has an impressive resume as a voice actress, voicing characters such as Hajime Fujiwara from The Idolmaster Cinderella Girls, Akiho Shinomoto from Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card, Uiui from SHOW BY ROCK!! Mashumairesh!!, Ena Shinonome from Project Sekai: Colorful Stage! feat. Hatsune Miku, and Agnes Digital from Umamusume: Pretty Derby.
In January 2018, she made her solo debut singing “FEELING AROUND,” the opening theme song for the TV anime Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles, which received attention due to Koji Mihara’s (Frederic) contributions to the song. Since then, she has released six singles and two full albums. Her most recent release is “BROKEN IDENTITY,” the opening theme song of I’m Quitting Heroing. She will soon be releasing “Wherever,” the ending theme of Black Summoner, which began airing in July.
Suzuki is currently one of the most powerful voice actress artists in the business. Using her outstanding vocal ability, a wide range of expressions, and striking smile as her weapons, she energizes everyone who watches her perform.
Official Website http://e-stonemusic.com/minoringo/
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7f1T-CF50uNMmGK_I9cILQ
Source: Official Press Release