What You Need to Know:
- Nicknamed the “Samurai Guitarist,” MIYAVI is an artist who has an active career both in Japan and overseas. In recent years, he has performed at the opening game of the Yokohama DeNA BayStars baseball team at Yokohama Stadium; delivered the opening performance at the National Stadium when the soccer team Paris Saint-Germain came to Japan; performed at the NBA Japan Games and produced an original song titled “Ring ’Em Up” for the Golden State Warriors; collaborated with Kodo, a taiko drumming troupe that keeps traditional Japanese music and arts alive through their performances, on Sado Island; made a collaborative video with McLaren’s new generation hybrid car Artura; and appeared in Dell’s global Youniverse campaign. Furthermore, his media appearances and live performances as a member of The Last Rockstars, a new band he formed with YOSHIKI, HYDE, and SUGIZO last year, have garnered a great deal of attention.
- MIYAVI has recently made several exciting announcements. Apart from the Tokyo performance on September 18 at Line Cube Shibuya for his 20th anniversary, he will also be performing in Osaka. Additionally, he has planned a tour in Europe and China.
- The extra show in Osaka will take place on September 1. Following that, he will embark on a Europe/China tour titled “20th & Beyond Tour 2023 -Return of the Samurai Guitarist-.” The tour will kick off in Warsaw, Poland, and include nine European cities. It will then continue to five Chinese cities, starting in Beijing. This tour marks MIYAVI’s first visit to Europe and China since 2019.
- As this year marks his 20th anniversary as a solo artist, we can anticipate an extraordinary performance that showcases his diverse activities both in Japan and abroad. It’s an opportunity to glimpse MIYAVI’s evolution and eagerly anticipate what the future holds for him.
- In addition to the exciting news about his performances, MIYAVI has also launched a new official fan club. This fan club will offer exciting digital contents and serve as a gathering place for fans who follow MIYAVI’s global adventures. Fans will have the opportunity to participate in naming the fan club by submitting suggestions.
- MIYAVI has gained worldwide attention as a guitarist for his unconventional “slap guitar” style, in which he plays the electric guitar with his fingers instead of a pick. He has performed more than 380 live shows in 30 some countries, and has 9 successful world tours under his belt. Other accomplishments include performing the national anthem at the Dodger Stadium in the US, delivering the opening performance at the National Stadium during the visit of the Paris Saint-Germain soccer team to Japan, and providing music and halftime performances for the NBA's Golden State Warriors.
- Apart from his musical pursuits, MIYAVI made his Hollywood debut as an actor in Angelina Jolie’s film “Unbroken.” He also graced the runway of Paris Fashion Week as a model for Yohji Yamamoto and Y-3 and was the first Japanese person to be featured in advertisements for the GUCCI Global Collection. In recent years, he has also been actively involved in advertising campaigns for companies like DELL and McLaren. In 2017, he became the first Japanese to be appointed as a Goodwill Ambassador for UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees).
- In November 2022, he announced the formation of the band “The Last Rockstars” with YOSHIKI, HYDE, and SUGIZO. As the “Samurai Guitarist,” he is constantly taking on new challenges and is one of the most promising Japanese artists active on the international stage.
I’m coming to the EU and China! It’s been a while since I could rock with you guys. I can’t wait!
It’s my 20th anniversary, and I have quite a few new songs, so I’m thinking hard about the setlist.
I’m also renewing my fan club. Under this new system, I’ll be creating lots of content to connect with you guys, so please look forward to it.
MIYAVI “20th & Beyond” Japan Tour 2023
Sep 1 - Gorilla Hall Osaka (extra performance)
Sept 18 - Line Cube Shibuya
Return of the Samurai Guitarist Tour
Sep 21 - Hybrydy/Proxima in Warsaw, Poland
Sep 23 - Kinetic Venue in Bucharest, Romania
Sep 24 - Randal Club in Bratislava, Slovakia
Sep 26 - Retro Music Hall in Prague, Czech Republic
Sep 27 - SO36 in Berlin, Germany
Sep 28 - Zech in Bochum, Germany
Oct 1 - Le Petit Bain in Paris, France
Oct 2 - O2 Academy Islington in London, U.K.
Oct 4 - Magazzini Generali in Milan, Italy
Oct 13 - Beijing, China
Oct 15 - Chengdu, China
Oct 18 - Nanjing, China
Oct 20 - Shanghai, China
Oct 22 - Guangzhou, China
*Schedule may be subject to change
Tickets available at www.miyavi.com!
MIYAVI Official Site: myv382tokyo.com
Source: Official Press Release