Transfers to Purple One Star Label in 20th Anniversary Year! First New Single Under New Label “Futurism” Released in June! “Futurism” Featured in Dell XPS Global Advertising Campaign!
What You Need to Know:
- As MIYAVI prepares for the 20th anniversary of his debut this October, it has been announced that he will transfer his record company to Purple One Star, a label operated by Bandai Namco Music Live a division of gaming conglomerate Bandai Namco.
- “Futurism,” his first single under this new label, was released digitally on June 17. “Futurism" is full of MIYAVI's signature heavy guitar sound and dynamism, with lyrics that touch on the artist’s futuristic view of the world.
- The track is also featured in a new commercial for "Expand Your Youniverse," a global advertising campaign for Dell Technologies "Dell XPS" series of notebook computers. The campaign is based on the theme of "Expanding Your Youniverse through Technology," and Dell has collaborated with a variety of creators, including filmmaker Yara Shahidi, and the new commercial featuring MIYAVI himself is scheduled to roll out in more than eight countries, including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Japan, from June 20, 2022.
- In addition, MIYAVI will be embarking on a huge North American “Futurism” Tour in October this year. Last year, in October 2021, he became the first Asian artist to complete a 20-show tour since the COVID-19 pandemic began. This year’s tour will run from October 5 to November 7 and feature performances at 19 venues.
Digital Single “Futurism”
Release date: June 17, 2022
1. Futurism (Dell “YOUNIVERSE” official campaign song)
Lyrics/composition: MIYAVI, Lenard Skolnik, Seann Bowe
Arrangement: MIYAVI, Lenard Skolnik, Anthony Lopez
2. Futurism (Instrumental)
Dell “Expand Your Youniverse” Campaign Details
Official webpage: https://www.dell.com/en-us/lp/youniverse
Campaign regions (start dates): U.S. (6/20), Canada (6/20), Australia (6/20), Japan (7/1), Brazil (8/1), France (date TBA), UK (date TBA), India (date TBA)
2022 North American Tour Details
MIYAVI North America Tour 2022 “Futurism”
Countries: U.S., Canada
Dates: October 5 - November 7, 2022 (local time)
Oct 5th: WASHINGTON DC THE STATE THEATRE
Oct 8th: NEW YORK LPR
Oct 9th: BOSTON BRIGHTON MUSIC HALL
Oct 11th: MONTREAL LE NATIONAL
Oct 12th: TORONTO AXIS CLUB
Oct 15th: PITTSBURGH THUNDERBIRD CAGE & MUSIC HALL
Oct 17th: CHICAGO COBRA LOUNGE #1
Oct 18th: CHICAGO COBRA LOUNGE #2
Oct 20th: MINNEAPOLIS FINE LINE
Oct 21st: KANSAS KNUCKLEHEADS
Oct 23rd: DALLAS TREES
Oct 24th: HOUSTON SCOUT BAR
Oct 25th: AUSTIN COME & TAKE IT LIVE
Oct 27th: ARIZONA NILE THEATRE
Oct 31st: LOS ANGELES THE FONDA THEATRE
Nov 2nd: VANCOUVER RICKSHAW
Nov 3rd: SEATTLE NEUMOS
Nov 5th: PORTLAND HAWTHORNE THEATRE
Nov 7th: SAN FRANCISCO AUGUST HALL
*The above schedule may be subject to change.
MIYAVI has gained worldwide attention as a guitarist for his unconventional “slap guitar” style, in which he plays the electric guitar with his fingers instead of a pick. He’s performed more than 380 live shows in 30 some countries, and has 8 successful world tours under his belt. Other accomplishments include arranging the Japanese version of the theme song for the blockbuster film Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation, producing music for a Honda commercial, creating music for SMAP, and working with various other artists. In September 2021, he released the album Imaginary and successfully completed a 20-show North American tour, a 5-show Japan tour, and a 2-show Hawaii tour.
In addition to his musical activities, he is also active as an actor and a model. In 2017, he became the first Japanese to be appointed as a Goodwill Ambassador for UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees). As the “Samurai Guitarist,” he is constantly taking on new challenges and is one of the most promising Japanese artists active on the international stage.
MIYAVI Official Site: http://myv382tokyo.com
Source: Official Press Release