What You Need to Know:
- Rin Okumura & his classmates are practicing & studying harder and harder in order to become exorcists. At the time, however, Rin is being avoided by classmates because his true identity—the son of Satan—was revealed in the prior incident.
- Myouda, Ryuuji Suguro, Konekomaru Miwa, and Renzou Shima especially hate Satan because their families were killed on the Blue Night, which is caused by Satan. That’s why they refuse to speak with Rin.
- The left and right eyes of the Impure King—a demon subdued over 140 years ago but whose eyes still exude miasma—have been kept separate and been protected by the Order of the Cross and the Myoda sect to avoid his resurrection, until the left eye is stolen by a masked individual, though it's later reveled to have been a fake.
- Shortly after, After Saburota Todou—who is an exorcist but is revealed to be possessed by a demon—steals the left eye, then manipulates Mamushi Hojo of the Myoda sect into stealing the right eye, and implants them both into the Impure King at the Devil Conquering Shrine, reviving it.
- Before Todou can implant the eyes, Tatsuma Suguro attempts to stop him but, Todou distracts Tatsuma and is able to return the eyes to Impure King, finally achieving his goal of reviving the demon.
I remember this like it was yesterday!
Poor Rin had such a hard time!