What You Need to Know:
- New York Comic Con Metaverse took place this past weekend and, among other surprises, a clip of the upcoming Hollywood version of Monster Hunter was shown during a panel with director Paul W.S. Anderson (Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil).
- The Movie will star Milla Jovovich, who has also worked on the Resident Evil movies, as Lt. Natalie Artemis; Tony Jaa from Ong Bak, as The Hunter; Ron Perlman (Hellboy, Pacific Rim) as the leader of The Hunter’s crew; T.I. Harris (Ant-Man movies) as Link; Diego Boneta (Pretty Little Liars) as Sergeant Marshall, and Hirona Yamazaki (live-action Kami-sama no Iu Toori) as the Handler. On top of that, the palico Meowscular Chef will also be in the film!
- The clip is short and shows a glimpse of the Greater Rathalos monster from the Monster Hunter game as it attacks a plane with our heroes on board. The movie seems to be set in our universe, which is different than the games but we'll have to wait a liuttle longer for a longer trailer and more information to get the full story.
- Anderson mentioned in the panel that he fell in love with the franchise in 2008 as a player himself and approached CAPCOM about a movie adaptation in 2010 and that he is approaching the film not only as a filmmaker, but as a "long-term player and fan" of Monster Hunter.
- Sony Pictures Entertainment and TOHO had planned to open the film in North America and Japan on September 4th but now, it's scheduled to open on December 30th in the United States due to the still ongoing pandemic.
- The film synopsis so far only describes the story as Lt. Artemis and her crew getting transported to a new world where they face enourmous, powerful monsters and fight for their survival. We can't wait to find out more!
Source: NY COmic Con YouTube Channel
Milla AND a Greater Rathalos!? I'm there!
I can't wait to see the palicos!!!!