What You Need to Know:
- Last night, at The Game Awards 2020, Capcom revealed a brand new trailer for Monster Hunter Rise, the upcoming entry in the award-winning and top-selling Monster Hunter action RPG series. The video showcases two new monsters, several returning monsters and a new area for players to explore. The new trailer also reveals an early look at the mysterious “Rampage” events that threaten Kamura Village, the game’s primary location. Also announced during the event, a free Monster Hunter Rise demo will be released for the Nintendo Switch™ system in January 2021, prior to the worldwide launch of the full game on March 26, 2021.
- Two entirely new monsters will be making their Monster Hunter debuts in Monster Hunter Rise. The trickster Bishaten arrives as a unique new threat with its distinctive tail and fondness for persimmons, which it stores in his stomach and hurls at its prey. Adding to its offensive arsenal, Bishaten is also equipped with multiple tail attack options and powerful spin moves that will require hunters to stay on their toes or risk getting swept off their feet. Also new to the line-up, Somnacanth is an intoxicating aquatic leviathan that can expel sleep powder to temporarily stun opponents, leaving them open for attacks.
- The latest trailer also includes sightings of the scaly leviathan Royal Ludroth and the poisonous birdlike Great Wroggi, both of which are returning to join the growing roster of foes in Monster Hunter Rise. In addition to the previously announced Shrine Ruins hunting grounds, the new Flooded Forest area will provide players the opportunity to explore and battle fierce monsters in this overgrown and water-logged setting.
- The puzzling “Rampage” events that threaten Kamura Village and its denizens were also featured in the trailer, as it appears residents and Monster Hunter Rise players will need to build up their defenses and prepare for the battle of their lifetimes. More information regarding the “Rampage” will be revealed in the months ahead.
- A demo for Monster Hunter Rise on Nintendo Switch was announced today and will release worldwide in January 2021. The free demo will provide hunters their first opportunity to try out the inventive set of new tools in the game, including the debut of the Wirebug mechanic and Palamute companion, which can both be used to track down and defeat threatening monsters in new ways. More specifics on this demo, including release timing, will be announced soon.
Source: Official Press Release
About Monster Hunter Rise
Monster Hunter Rise is an action RPG that will transport players to the colorful Kamura Village, which attracts visitors with its unique culture and innovative hunting technologies. After hunters equip their armor and select from one of the various weapon types, all-new hunting grounds await, including the ancient Shrine Ruins and more. The debut of the new “Wirebug” mechanic allows for wire-based grappling actions that can be used to scale cliffs and other hard-to-reach areas, providing new traversal and aerial attack options.
Monster Hunter Rise will also debut new hunting partners called Palamutes, personalized and rideable “Canyne” companions that will provide players with a new set of attack options, while “Felyne” Palicoes will return as support characters for actions like healing. As players defeat monsters and progress through the game, items from fallen foes can be used to craft unique weapons and armor that will increase their chances of future success and survival. Hunters can tackle these challenges solo, or with up to three other players in local or cooperative online play, while also taking advantage of the versatility of the Nintendo Switch system, which allows for hunting anywhere, anytime and with anyone!
In addition to the MSRP $59.99 Standard Edition (physical and digital) of Monster Hunter Rise, a special MSRP $69.99 Deluxe Edition will include the Standard Edition of the game (physical or digital), as well as a digital DLC pack voucher that can be redeemed for bonus in-game content such as a “Kamurai” full layered armor set, exclusive gestures, cosmetic items and more.