What You Need to Know:
- BANDAI NAMCO Arts Inc., the operator of the music label Lantis, has entered into a license agreement with Tracklib Holdings AB, the operator of Swedish music sampling platform Tracklib. The service will make sounds sourced from Lantis available for sampling.
- Sampling is a process of creating a new song by reusing a portion of a sound source from an existing song. Because of the difficulty in obtaining clearance from the copyright holders of the song and of the master recording, there have been many cases of unauthorized sampling, making it difficult for both creators and copyright owners to produce revenue. The sampling licensing platform Tracklib solves this issue faced by music creators. Subscribers can promptly and easily get a license to sample arbitrary parts of music. They can apply to release it worldwide through music streaming services, etc. through the Tracklib service's website and register their usage information.
- In addition to enhanced convenience for subscribers, this will also provide an opportunity for people to reuse existing original music in new ways to realize a virtuous cycle whereby a part of the profits from the new song created using samples will return to the writer, composer, and artist of the sampled song as royalties.
- Essential $5.99/5 track downloads/month
- Standard $13.99/15 track downloads/month
- Professional $29.99/35 track downloads/month
Realization of a Virtuous Cycle in the Sampling Culture
Available sound sources
To start, sound sources from Higuchi Kaede, a virtual YouTuber that is a member of the group NIJISANJI, will be provided from February 9, 2022 onward. More sound sources will be added.
From MARBLE and AIM by Higuchi Kaede:
・For you, etc.
What is Tracklib?
It is a Swedish sampling platform. It has been used by music producers from more than 200 countries since it was officially launched in April 2018 (as of December 2021).
URL of the website for the service: https://www.tracklib.com/
Date of launch: April 2018
The number of sound sources handled more than 120,000 songs
Service usage fee：
Statement from Pӓr Almqvist, the CEO of Tracklib
Anime music inspires artists and music producers around the world. Now, our catalogue includes music from BANDAI NAMCO Arts and we can offer a platform that grants people easy and legal access to it. I am very happy for this.
Lantis label page of Tracklib
Source: Official Press Release