Class 1-A and Class 1-B are Center Stage in Upcoming Season Full of New Characters, Alliances, and, Oh Yes, the 100th Episode!
What You Need to Know:
- Izuku Midoriya, better known by his hero name of Deku, is about to return to Funimation in a clash of classmates in a new season of My Hero Academia.
- Funimation today announced the season five premiere of the hit show My Hero Academia will return to its service on Saturday, March 27, across multiple global Funimation territories, including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Scandinavia, Brazil, and Mexico. Funimation is the premier home for My Hero Academia fans in these countries, whether they prefer subtitles or dubbed content. The series is also available in North America on Funimation’s streaming partner Hulu.
- Class is back in session at U.A High School with Midoriya, Bakugo, Ochaco, and more returning students, promising one of the most intense years between Class 1-A and Class 1-B ever as our heroes-in-training battle it out in school.
- The fifth season of the anime will be kicking off with the Joint Training Arc, which sees Class 1-A and Class 1-B's students pitted against each other in a series of team battles that demonstrates just how much each respective class has grown. The last time we saw the students of U.A High, we were left with many questions. Season five will bring answers and action-packed stories that viewers won’t want to miss out on, including the iconic series’ 100th episode.
- My Hero Academia is a Japanese anime series produced by Studio Bones based on the manga series by Kohei Horikoshi. It tells the story of a young boy, Izuku Midoriya, who lives in a universe where superpowers -- or “Quirks” -- have become commonplace. Izuku dreams of being a hero, although he was born without superpowers. Through the help of friends, family, and heroes, Midoriya is admitted into THE prestigious high school for heroes in training. This is where his journey begins.
- My Hero Academia has drawn the attention of many fans across the world, including celebrity wrestler-turned-actor John Cena, singer and songwriter Kahlid, and international pop-group BTS.
- Also, the ‘Final Act’ of the My Hero Academia manga begins this week, possibly bringing the whole story to its conclusion!
My Hero Academia Season 5 PV
“We are excited to have My Hero Academia coming back to its home on Funimation. It’s been an honor to bring the My Hero Academia story to the Funimation audience over the years and watch the community of fans team up with Deku and his friends.”
Asa Suehira, Chief Creative Officer at Funimation Global Group
Source: Official Press Release
Funimation distributes the best anime to a passionate, global community of fans. For over 25 years, Funimation has pioneered an omni-channel approach to engaging and entertaining millions where they want it most—streaming, home entertainment, theatrical, e-commerce, merchandising, live events, and more.
Funimation’s streaming services offer a growing catalog of over 700 anime series and 13,000+ hours of content available on 15 platforms and 49 countries. Funimation’s in-house team designs must-have, exclusive collectibles distributed through major retailers and an e-commerce site; Funimation’s theatrical division is responsible for six of the top 20 anime films in the U.S. As pioneers of the SimulDub™, Funimation is the gold standard for foreign language dubbing of Japanese anime with the highest quality standards and fidelity to the original artists. With a fan-centric approach, Funimation has built a loyal social community of over 30 million followers and earned the trust of Japan’s most iconic creators.
Funimation has nine offices in six countries and hundreds of employees worldwide. As an independently operated joint venture between U.S.-based Sony Pictures Entertainment and Japan’s Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., Funimation benefits from deep entertainment expertise across cultures, territories, and languages.
To learn more about Funimation, visit funimation.com and follow Funimation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.