What You Need to Know:
- MyAnimeList announced this week that it will be holding an anime song karaoke contest titled “MAL Sings TenSura”.
- This contest will be run in collaboration with Bandai Namco Arts’ MixBox and DAIICHIKOSHO. Contestants will be required to upload a video of themselves singing “Storyteller,” the 2nd season opening theme song of That Time I Was Reincarnated as a Slime, by TRUE.
- The entry period will be from February 23 to March 20. Ten finalists will be selected and showcased at a MixBox Watch Party, after which the top three will be chosen by community vote. The winners will receive an autographed poster from TRUE, plus various other prizes.
- For more details on how to participate, please see the campaign page on MyAnimeList:https://kcts.myanimelist.net
- “MAL Sings...” is an anime song karaoke contest, presented by Bandai Namco Arts’ MixBox, DAIICHIKOSHO, and MyAnimeList.
- With Spotify and YouTube Music breaking boundaries in music streaming, more anime theme songs are at our fingertips. To celebrate the growing interest in anime music and Japanese artists overseas, we want to hear your renditions—and give prizes to the best!
- We will open with MAL Sings TenSura: a karaoke battle of That Time I Was Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2’s opening theme “Storyteller” by TRUE.
- Grand Prize: $500 Amazon Gift Card, CD & Autographed Poster
- 2nd Place: $300 Amazon Gift Card, CD & Autographed Poster
- 3rd Place: $100 Amazon Gift Card, CD & Autographed Poster
- Staff Choice Award: Exclusive MAL Hoodie, CD & Autographed Poster
- How to Enter:
- Create a MyAnimeList Account.
- Record a video of yourself singing the song.
- Upload the recording to YouTube.
- Make sure to include the tag #MALsings and your MyAnimeList username.
Source: Official Press Release
MixBox is a new streaming program by Bandai Namco Arts that will connect you 24/7! It will allow you to enjoy a variety of video contents while listening to Bandai Namco Arts music free of charge. Lan Amane supports the service as its official Navigator.