The award-winning supernatural detective story heads back to press in time for Netflix anime series premiere!
What You Need to Know:
- ABLAZE™ announced that Budjette Tan and Kajo Baldisimo’s TRESE Volume 1: Murder on Balete Drive TP has sold out at Diamond and has gone back to press for a second printing.
- When dusk arrives in the city of Manila, that’s when you become the most likely prey of the underworld. Kidnappers and thieves will be the least of your worries. Beware the criminals that can’t be bound with handcuffs nor harmed with bullets. Beware the ones that crave for your blood, those who hold your heart ransom, and the ones that come to steal your soul. When crime takes a turn for the weird, the police call Alexandra Trese.
- The series has not only found love with readers but also critical praise:
- With TRESE Volume 1’s second printing, and TRESE Volume 2: Unreported Murders hitting shelves soon, fans will have just enough time to get caught up on the supernatural mysteries steeped heavily in Filipino mythology before binging the Netflix’s anime launches today, June 11th. The series, helmed by Jay Oliva, director of Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (2013) and Justice
- League Dark (2017), features Pretty Little Liars star, Shay Mitchell, as the voice of Alexandra Trese in English, and Liza Soberano (My Ex and Whys, Alone/Together) in Filipino.
“The unconventional monster art and moody, action-packed narratives make this horror crime series a must-follow for any aficionado of the macabre.”
“The unconventional monster art and moody, action-packed narratives make this horror crime series a must-follow for any aficionado of the macabre. It’s great news to us that the first printing is sold out. We hope the second printing arrives at stores soon and into the hands of new readers sooner! I hope you enjoy our tour of the dark and mythical side of Manila.”
—Budjette Tan, writer/co-creator of TRESE
“With anticipation building for the TRESE Anime Netflix series, readers are jumping on board the graphic novel series, and we’ll be working to make sure copies are available to all those who want to read the amazing source material.”
—Rich Young, ABLAZE Co-Founder & VP Creative/Biz Dev
Source: Official Press Release
ABLAZE is a publishing company releasing a variety of titles – in different formats, genres, and age ranges – original material, crowdfunded titles, reprints, art books, including international titles from Europe, Asia (manga, manhwa), and more.
The mantra of ABLAZE is quality first, with the goals of giving creators a platform, bringing new voices into the conversation, serving as diverse an audience as possible, and growing the company’s publishing schedule sustainably over time.
For updates, previews, and details on upcoming titles from ABLAZE, please visit http://ablazepublishing.com/.