What You Need to Know:
- As part of yesterday’s “Street Fighter V Summer Update” web direct presentation, Capcom revealed new details on the characters, stages and other content coming to the fifth and final season of Street Fighter V: Champion Edition!
- It was announced by the Street Fighter V development team that Dan, Rose, Oro, Akira, and one yet-to-be-revealed character will be joining the hard-hitting roster. These newly-confirmed characters are currently in production, so stay tuned for more details and in-progress images and gameplay in the months ahead as they take form.
- In addition to these five new characters coming to Street Fighter V: Champion Edition, over 30 new costumes and four new stages are also being planned, including a Rose stage (Spring 2021), Akira stage (Summer 2021) and two new Capcom Pro Tour stages arriving in Winter 2020 and Fall 2021. A new battle mechanic and new battle balance adjustments will also be available in Winter 2020 as free updates to all players, adding even more gameplay enhancements and depth to the game’s combat system.
- Street Fighter V: Champion Edition includes all content (excluding Fighting Chance costumes, brand collaboration costumes and Capcom Pro Tour DLC) from both the original release and Street Fighter™ V: Arcade Edition. Champion Edition adds each character, stage, and other content that released after Arcade Edition and through the launch of this new version. In total, this robust edition of Street Fighter V features 40 characters, 34 stages and over 200 costumes!
- Wallet tight? Good news! There are deals going on! Both the full version and upgrade kit of Street Fighter V: Champion Edition are currently on sale for 25% off on PlayStation®4 (digital only) and on Steam (digital only). The digital upgrade kit offers current owners of any version of Street Fighter V instant access to all unowned Champion Edition content. For new players, a free trial featuring all 40 characters is underway on PS4 and Steam and all versions of the Street Fighter V base game are currently 60% off.
Street Fighter V Summer Update 2020
Source: Official Press Release
New Characters Coming to Street Fighter V: Champion Edition
A mainstay from the Street Fighter Alpha series and last appearing in Street Fighter IV, Dan Hibiki will be bringing his (over) confidence and iconic “Taunt” to Street Fighter V. A training partner of Ryu and Ken, Dan considers himself well-equipped to “school” other players with his unique Saikyo-ryu (“Strongest Style”) fighting style. Release timing: Winter 2020
Rose is a fortune telling fan-favorite character who also previously starred in the Alpha series and Street Fighter IV. Using her tarot cards, Rose will arrive armed with a variety of unique special moves and plans to channel all of her Soul Power energy into Street Fighter V. Release timing: Spring 2021
Last appearing in Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, Oro is an ancient martial arts master who exists as an immortal hermit. He restricts one of his arms from use in order to give his opponents an advantage, but that won’t stop Oro from being one of the most well-trained and powerful fighters in Street Fighter V. Release timing: Summer 2021
First introduced in Capcom’s 1997 fighting game Rival Schools: United by Fate, Akira Kazama is preparing to make her Street Fighter debut. As an acquaintance of Sakura, Akira has previous ties to the Street Fighter universe and is gearing up to bring her biker style look and clever gimmicks to Street Fighter V. Release timing: Summer 2021