MegaHouse Corp., Kotobukiya, The Yetee and Traly Group Come On Board As New Licensees
What You Need to Know:
- Konami Cross Media NY, Inc. has scored a raft of licensing agreements in the collectibles category for its Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise. New agreements have been signed with MegaHouse Corp., Kotobukiya, The Yetee and Traly Group, all well-known for quality figures and merchandise respectively.
- MegaHouse, the Japanese company known for its design expertise in Anime figures, is developing a series of Yu-Gi-Oh! inspired human and monster figures. First up is a collectible “ART WORKS MONSTERS” figure series, Black Luster Soldier (from the Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters anime series). With the figure shipping late 2020, it will be available for sale in comic, hobby, gift, and toy stores as well as online throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Chile, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Australia!
- Kotobukiya, a leading global developer and distributor of high-quality collectible figures, will release eight Yu-Gi-Oh! 1/7 scale figures from their ARTFX line. Their products will be on shelves worldwide beginning January 2021.
- The Yetee, a fan-favorite website owned and operated by two artists passionate about the products they curate, will offer Yu-Gi-Oh! fans an exciting array of, screen printed posters, acrylic standees as well as t-shirts. Their products will be available online for the U.S. beginning late 2020 as well.
- Traly Group, celebrating 25 years in business, has added Yu-Gi-Oh! to its roster of impressive IPs that are part of the Pin Club portfolio. Through Pin Club, fans will be able to purchase bespoke collectible pins at retail, online and at special fan events. An initial collection will launch in time for the holiday season!
Source: Official Press Release
“Collectibles are a strong and growing category especially for IPs in the Anime space. We are happy to be working with such strong partners in this category with a mix of product offerings in multiple price ranges that will continue to drive fan engagement for the Yu-Gi-Oh! brand."
Jennifer Coleman, Vice President of Licensing and Marketing at Konami Cross Media NY, Inc
About Konami Cross Media NY, Inc.
Konami Cross Media NY, Inc. is a member of Konami Group and specializes in multiplatform brand management and production. Konami Cross Media NY, Inc. takes a 360-degree approach in managing the rights to globally iconic IPs such as Yu-Gi-Oh!, Bomberman, Contra and Frogger.