What You Need to Know:
- TMS Entertainment announced new information for the mixed media project, "HIGH CARD". They have revealed the introduction, story, some main characters and visuals. Thay have also announced that popular illustrator Reoen will be in charge of the concept art of the project.
- Introduction: The original creators of HIGH CARD are Homura Kawamoto and Hikaru Takeno, the creators of Kakegurui, and TMS Entertainment.
- Cards x Special Abilities: 52 "Explaining Cards" give different abilities to a specific person. Stylish work depicts the adventures of the protagonist Finn and his friends who joins the group "HIGH CARD" that collects these special cards with a touch of humor.
- Story: Set in an island called "Fourland Kingdom" located in the North Atlantic Ocean, the 52 "Explaining Cards" exsist in the kingdom and they are the origin of playing cards. The cards have 52 different abilities and gives that power to the applicable person, called a "Player". One day, the "Explaining Cards" stored by the kingdom scattered all over Fourland. People who picked up the cards used the power to cause trouble, which threw the whole country into confusion. The king secretly assigns a mission to one of the largest companies in the country, "Pinochle". He ordered them to collect all the cards and save the country from confusion. Pinochle forms a group to accomplish this mission and names it "HIGH CARD". People struggling to get the card for a cause, a desire, a revenge. Will the kingdom flourish or get destroyed when they collect all the cards? or... Are you ready for this? It's Showdown!!
Located in "Trapla Island" in the North Atlantic Ocean, consists of four states: Spada, Silphium, Lozenge, and Porotic. The capital, Shield, is in Spada.
- San Gargano Square
One of the famous places in the capital, Shield. Often some kind of assembly is held here on weekends. There's a statue of San Gargano, the strongest knight who protected Fourland from enemy nations.
- Fourland Palace
Parliament in the capital. The great time bell is called the Big Suit. Each suit on the clock represents the location of each state.
- Finn Oldman: Rookie of High Card. He's cheerful but naughty and behaves badly at most times. He is used to troubles and is always calm about it.He lost his family in an accident when he was young and grew up in an orphanage. He has an excellent eyesight and outstanding concentration, and can see any objects as if time is stopped. He holds "Neo New Nambu", a spade 2 "Explaining Card".
- Chris Redgrave: High card member. An easy going man. He often flirts women and wears flashy clothes, but he has common sense and is diligent. He cherishes his sister who is hospitalized. He loves sweets and eats "Fudges", a traditional confectionery, all the time. He's a lightweight. He has "Calories High", a 5 of hearts "Explaining Card".
Source: Press Release
Wow! The story sounds interesting!
I'm very excited for this project!