Seven Seas has announced 3 new manga acquisitions: Fantasy Comedy "Level 1 Demon Lord and One Room Hero", Isekai "Time Stop Hero", and autobiographical "Time Stop Hero A Life Turned Upside Down: My Dad’s an Alcoholic"
What You Need to Know:
- Level 1 Demon Lord and One Room Hero by Toufu, an odd-couple comedy about a has-been hero and the Demon Lord trying to whip him into shape!
- Ten years ago, the hero Max defeated the Demon Lord. In order to regain his power, the Demon Lord went into a deep slumber...but when he awakens, his body is only a chibi version of its fearsome form. Now curious to see what his enemy is up to, the Demon Lord visits Max, only to discover the mighty hero living in a dirty one-room apartment. The Demon Lord decides to move in with Max and help his old enemy become a formidable opponent once more!
- Seven Seas will publish the manga series Level 1 Demon Lord and One Room Hero for the first time in North America in print and on digital platforms in single volume editions. Volume 1 will be released in August 2021 for $12.99 USA / $16.99 CAN.
- Time Stop Hero by Yasunori Mitsunaga, a video-game-inspired isekai with plenty of pervy sidequests.
- Just when Kuzuno Sekai hits rock bottom in his life, he’s transported to a video-game-like fantasy world and given the ability to stop time with a game controller! Lifting skirts, stealing cash, escaping prison--sounds like a pretty good deal, except for the catch. His ability to stop time allows him to stretch a moment into months, but in the world’s regular flow of time--where everyone else functions--he only has three days to accomplish some goal that isn’t specified. If he doesn’t reach that goal before the world’s three-day timer hits zero, he has no idea what fate awaits him!
- Seven Seas will publish the manga series Time Stop Hero for the first time in North America in print and on digital platforms in single volume editions. Volume 1 will be released in September 2021 for $12.99 USA / $16.99 CAN.
- A Life Turned Upside Down: My Dad’s an Alcoholic by Mariko Kikuchi, a moving autobiographical manga about her father’s alcoholism that inspired a critically acclaimed live-action film.
- Mariko Kikuchi tells the painful story of her father’s alcoholism, and her own journey through guilt and self-blame to understand her father’s illness. She rejects the common belief that family members can and should be forgiven for anything they do, no matter how much harm they cause. This powerful, self-contained autobiographical manga began as a web series that went viral, and went on to inspire a 2019 film in Japan. Now this groundbreaking work about the ripple effects of addiction will be released in English for the very first time.
- Seven Seas will publish the manga A Life Turned Upside Down: My Dad's an Alcoholic for the first time in North America in print and on digital platforms in a single large-trim edition. The book will be released in November 2021 for $14.99 USA / $18.99 CAN.
Source: Official Press Release
About Seven Seas Entertainment
Established in 2004, Seven Seas Entertainment specializes in bringing the best of Japanese manga and light novels to North American audiences, and producing original comics, graphic novels, and youth literature. As of July 2021, Seven Seas and all of its book imprints are distributed by Penguin Random House Publisher Services. For more information, visit sevenseasentertainment.com