What You Need to Know:
- The official website for the movie trilogy "Wave!! Surfing Yappe!" shared a new video this week for the opening theme song for the movie series to celebrate the release of the single's CD. The video features storyboards from the films and the song is performed by the Naminori Boys (Surfing Boys), the eight main character voices in the movies.
- The trilogy's first part opened on October 2nd, with the next part set to open on October 16th, and the third on October 30th.
- Wave!! Surfing Yappe! Story: Masaki, who was born and raised in Ibaraki Prefecture near the Ōarai Coast, meets a prince-like transfer student named Sho. Sho introduces him to surfing -- the ultimate sport where you use nothing but a board to face off against the mighty waves of the ocean. Thus begins a never-ending story of a group of boys hooked on surfing. Only on the water can they be truly free!
- The website also announced three different talk segments featuring the cast will be shown after each screening, changing every week from October 23rd to November 12th and will include quizzes which can earn participants entries to win 2 posters each week when using the Twitter hashtag #WAVEクイズ when answering the questions.
- The franchise also includes a mobile game, a four-koma manga, audio CDs, and a radio program!
- Check out our Wave!! Surfing Yappe! database page for the 3-minute clip released last month and more info on the movies!
Source: Official Website
That's a fun video! Can't wait to watch the next 2 movies!
Half summer, half behind-the-scenes!