What You Need to Know:
- The official Twitter account for the World Trigger anime posted a new key visual today of Yuma Kuga by illustrator Toshihisa Kaiya for the second season of the sci-fi anime!
- World Trigger aired from 2014 to 2016 and the manga was on hiatus for a while as well but it was announced in December 2019 that there was a second season of the anime in the works, with a first teaser visual including some familiar faces and some new ones being released back in April 2020.
- Morio Hatano will be directing the series instead of Kouji Ogawa, Hiroyuki Yoshino will handle series composition writer after working on the first 48 episodes of the original series with Kenji Kawai also returning to do the music for again, and of course, Toshihisa Kaiya will be character designer.
- World Trigger Story: One day in Mikado City, a gateway appears, creating a portal to an alien world. The aliens, known as Neighbors, attack the city. Mankind fights back by creating an organization called Border. Members of this organization possess weapons known as Triggers to fend off the alien threat. Four years after the first Neighbor attack, a transfer student, Yuuma Kuga, befriends Osamu Mikumo. However, things get complicated when a Neighbor ambushes the pair. Mikumo tries to deal with the Neighbor with his Trigger, but Kuga ends up fending off the Neighbor himself. After Kuga’s encounter with the Neighbor, he is invited to join Border.
- There is no airing information just yet but there will be a special live broadcast on October 30th at 9:00 pm (JST) on the Official Toei Animation YouTube Channel where the team will share more details about the project and which will include several cast members so, stay tuned for that!
Source: Official Website
First Teaser Visual
10/30 Live Broacast Announcement
I can feel it getting closer!!!
I can't wait! It feels like forever!