What You Need to Know:
- Today is March 10, and that in the world of Nintendo means it's MAR10 Day, a celebration of one of the world's most popular gaming characters for over thirty years!
- This year to celebrate, Nintendo has teamed up with nonprofit organization Starlight Children’s Foundation, which brightens the lives of seriously ill children by providing hospitalized kids with entertainment, education and innovative technology.
- Nintendo will be providing a new range of Starlight Brave Gowns, hospital gowns which replace dreary and uncomfortable hospital clothing with comfortable and brightly-coloured gowns. The new Starlight Brave Gowns will feature Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Donkey Kong and Yoshi.
- Alongside the new gown designs, Nintendo will also donate to Starlight Children’s Foundation to fund the creation of 2,000 of these gowns.
- But that's not all! Those who visit Facebook on MAR10 Day will be able to use a free Mario-themed frame for their Facebook profile photo from 10 March at 05:00 PT until 12 March at 23:59 PT.
- There will also be a range of deals available on amazon.com, with 20% off certain digital games featuring Mario. My Nintendo is also joining in, with 30% off Mario Kart 8 for Wii U and the Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2. Check out mynintendo.com for more information!
- Finally, two major events will be held: the Nintendo Booth at PAX East Boston and and the Kids’ Choice Awards 2017, which airs live on Nickelodeon on March 11 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT. Both events will feature Mario 8 Deluxe for Switch!
Man I wish I was going to PAX East so I could have a go at the new Mario Kart!
It's so great that Nintendo is helping the kids over at Starlight Children's Foundation!! Go Nintendo!!!