What You Need to Know:
- The Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite systems have combined to sell over 15 million units in North America since the launch of the flagship Nintendo Switch system in March 2017, according to internal data from Nintendo. Through September, Nintendo Switch sales in North America were up more than 20% year to date. In the U.S. alone, Nintendo Switch has been the best-selling video game console for 10 months in a row, according to the NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States.
- To date, 14 Nintendo Switch games in North America have sold more than 1 million units, with four selling more than 6 million: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Franchises like Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. broke records on Nintendo Switch, with their latest iterations selling faster than any other games in the series.
- Multiple games from publisher and developer partners have also achieved significant sales, such as Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle from Ubisoft, Minecraft from Mojang AB and Fortnite from Epic Games.
- Nintendo Switch also receives strong indie support, with standouts like Stardew Valley from ConcernedApe, Cuphead from Studio MDHR, the Overcooked! series from Team17 Digital Ltd. and Untitled Goose Game from House House.
- After seeing a steady release of games this year like Super Mario Maker 2, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, ASTRAL CHAIN and The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening, the Nintendo Switch family of systems is ramping up for the holiday season with launches of big games like Luigi’s Mansion 3 on Oct. 31, Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield on Nov. 15, and Ring Fit Adventure hitting stores tomorrow, Oct. 18.
Source: Official Press Release
lol, should I really be surprised by this? Nintendo just keeps the hot streak going.
Nothing much to say here. Nintendo doing what Nintendo does best!