The last Tohoku Sisters auction marked the highest bid (1ETH = 250K JPY) in Japan!
What You Need to Know:
- Otaku Coin Association have opened the Part 2 application of derivative works that are based on the Tohoku Area support characters the ‘Tohoku Zunko sisters’; Tohoku Zunko, Tohoku Itako, and Tohoku Kiritan. This program is designed to provide creators the opportunity to create a derivative work of the Tohoku Zunko Sisters and sell it as an official NFT.
- With the Part 1 sale, Otaku Coin held an auction of ‘Tohoku Zunko sisters’ derivative works. All of the 10 works sold out, and one of them marked the highest bid on record (1ETH= 250K JPY at the time of the auction) for a derivative work!
- This time, again, Otaku Coin will have a sale of derivative works through the Tohoku Zunko official account on Rarible to support freelance creators.
- This project does not require creators any professional knowledge or complex marketing, promotion, accounting operation processes.
- The primary distribution is planned as an auction with a minimum bid of 0.05 ETH (approx. 15,000 Japanese Yen). Sales return for creators on the primary and the secondary distribution* is planned for 50%, and creators can receive the return in Japanese Yen.
- The NFT artworks sold this time offer purchasers the ownership of an artwork. The copyright and trademark will belong to SSS LLC continuously. Rights for creating derivative works and commercialization are open to anybody as long as it adheres to the Tohoku Zunko Guidelines.
- Application is not only limited to new (unpublished) derivative works. Artworks created in the past, including the derivative works that did not pass the first round on sale Part 1 are also eligible for application, so please be sure not to miss this chance. For more information, please check the application form HERE (Japanese).
- Download the Otaku Coin app and follow them on social media!
- Official website
*Royalty return for the second distribution will be made only on specific platforms such as OpenSea.
* Application period: until 7/21/2021 23:59 JST
Source: Official Press Release
I do love the Tohoku Zunko Sisters!
Well, get to applying!