This time, the Otaku Coin Association tries a new way of fund-raising!
What You Need to Know:
- Today, Otaku Coin Association will distribute the scenes of ‘Otaku Coin World’, an animated promotional video that introduces the concept of Otaku Coin, as NFTs. The original pictures of each scene (key frame), 777 in total, will turn into a ‘Replica Scene’ NFT with a serial number and will be distributed to all applicants.
- This project is a pre-proof-of-concept experiment for ‘Anime Production Committee 2.0’, a brand-new method of producing Japanese anime that attracts the world’s attention. The experiment utilizes the blockchain technology known as NFT.
- In the case they raise over 1 million Otaku Coins through this pre-proof-of-concept experiment, they will regard it as support by fans to their vision “to spread Japan’s otaku culture to the world” and move one step forward to the actual proof-of-concept experiment. In the next step, Otaku Coin plans to turn the original scenes of ‘Otaku Coin World’ to NFTs and sell them to raise the production budget for the next anime promotional video. The sale of the NFTs is planned for Fall 2021.
- You can receive the “Special Edition” by entering the number of Otaku Coins (XOC) you will spend via the Otaku Coin Official app.
- If you do not enter any number or enter 0, you will receive the “Regular Edition”.
- The more Otaku Coins you spend, the smaller the serial number you will receive, especially serial number 1 to 20, are the highly-selected scenes.
- Apply for the “Special Edition” from the Otaku Coin Official app.
- Apply without spending Otaku Coins (XOC) https://otakucoin.typeform.com/to/Lq8NKnNC
- There will be only 777 original scenes created from the animated promotional video ‘Otaku Coin World’, and each scene is converted into a one-and-only NFT that comes with a unique serial number. Some examples of the Original Scenes and Replica Scenes are shown below. With this pre-proof-of-concept experiment, Otaku Coin will distribute the special editions and regular editions of Replica Scenes. Regular editions of Replica Scenes come in multiple frame designs.
- Applicants can declare 1,000 to 10,000 Otaku Coins (XOC) by 1,000 Otaku Coins.
- ‘Otaku Coin World’ is an animated promotional video created under the concept ‘We hope to make anime with fans around the world’. The animation is done by asurafilm Co., Ltd., one of Otaku Coin Association’s partner studios who takes part in the production of Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon a Time. The video is available on the Otaku Coin Official Website and below.
- Don’t forget to download the Otaku Coin app and follow them on social media!
- Official website
Application Details for Replica Scene NFT (Special Edition and Regular Edition)
* Application period: until 7/16/2021(Fri) 23:59
* The NFTs will be distributed to all applicants.
* NFT distribution is scheduled for August 2021.
About the Original Scenes and Replica Scenes (Special Edition and Regular Edition)
* The images above are samples and may differ from the actual design after release.
* NFT owners have digital ownership (Within the limits of the general principles of public order and morality).
* The NFTs are created on a dominant blockchain ‘Polygon (Matic) *2’.
* NFTs with the serial numbers from #001 to #020 are for selected scenes, and the serial numbers from #021 to #777 are scenes in the order of time from the start of the promotional video.
About Application for Replica Scenes (special edition)
About the concept video ‘Otaku Coin World’
Source: Official Press Release