High-end line designed in collaboration with American video game studio Bungie
What You Need to Know:
- European fashion brand ARK/8, specialists in high-end clothing, accessories and jewellery inspired by cyber-culture and the world of video games, is proud to launch its latest capsule collection in the United Kingdom and the United States: the Destiny Europa collection.
- Designed in partnership with acclaimed game developer and publisher Bungie to celebrate the launch of Destiny 2’s latest expansion, Beyond Light. This collection combines the futuristic style of Destiny with contemporary streetwear jackets, bags and more.
- Inspired by Jupiter’s icy moon of Europa, the main destination in Destiny 2’s Beyond Light expansion, the Europa collection is composed of jackets, hoodies, sweaters, t-shirts and accessories that mix both futuristic and streetwear looks, bringing together quality fabrics with oversized cuts on quintessential exploration wear such as bomber jackets, puffer jackets, and backpacks including:
- KATA industrial jackets (available both cropped and in a long, unisex version) connect the traditional Japanese “KATAGINU” outfit with the classic bomber jacket. The Destiny inspiration is also noticeable in this product through the Destiny tricorn symbol engraved in the sleeve buckle, the Frozen Frontier symbol from Beyond Light, as well as a quilted top section, reminiscent of the game’s Europa armor sets.
- The new puffer jacket is meant for those expecting to venture out a little further into the elements. Consisting of a three-strap structure tied together by imposing buckles, this all-weather jacket is very similar to the sophisticated equipment carried by Guardians in Destiny 2.
- The Europa backpack and shoulder bag boast the same water-repellent fabric as the KATA jacket, while maintaining both a strong look and functional design. Equipped with a special hard-shelled pocket the bag can protect even the most sensitive electronic devices from the elements. It also offers a symmetrical ensemble of straps and buckles engraved with the emblematic Destiny logo for an industrial look, ready for urban excursions or spatial exploration. The shoulder bag also acts as a travel kit when the adjustable strap is removed.
- As with many young brands, environmental awareness and responsibility is a priority for ARK/8. Part of the Destiny Europa Capsule collection is produced in Portugal and is composed of organic cotton only. Jackets in the collection are OEKO-TEX® certified and lined with materials fabricated from recycled PET bottles. Both in this collection and as an overall philosophy, ARK/8 drives towards more and more sustainable fabrics and production processes, to then rely on them exclusively.
- The ARK/8 x Destiny Europa capsule collection is available now on the official ARK/8 Store here.
ARK/8 : fashion inspired by cyber-culture and video games
Founded in 2020 in Brussels, ARK/8 is a clothing, accessories & jewellery brand that brings together fashion and video games into premium and limited collections, in collaboration with iconic artists and video games such as Koyorin, Destiny 2, Resident Evil, Overwatch, Borderlands and Mass Effect. Today, the brand asserts itself with a strong creative direction, infusing its collaborations with cyber and retro-futuristic culture.
“With over a decade of experience from Level Up Wear, our first venture into merchandising, ARK/8 offers another vision for the collaboration between the fashion and gaming worlds. In just one year, we have already collaborated with some of the most recognisable names in the video game industry and are delighted to collaborate with Bungie on this product. Looking to the future, by 2022, we also hope to launch our first independent collection.”
- Dimitri van Eetvelde, ARK/8’s Creative Director and co-founder
ARK/8 X Destiny: A collection of futuristic and streetwear looks
Source: Official Press Release
ARK/8 is an apparel, accessories and fine jewellery brand who’s passionate about Sci-fi, Anime, Video Games, Japan and Digital Art (in no particular order). ARK/8’s mission is to translate those passions into compelling collaborations that are built to last. Quality is at the very core of the brand’s philosophy and its products are characterized by high-end materials and fine details. All items are limited editions.
Bungie is an independent, employee-owned game development studio based in Bellevue, Washington dedicated to creating hopeful worlds that inspire passionate player communities and lifelong friendships. For almost three decades, that purpose has led to the creation of some of the most celebrated video game franchises, including Marathon, Myth, Halo, and Destiny. Today, Bungie is focused on developing the future of the Destiny universe and new worlds to come.