What You Need to Know:
- Crunchyroll Games, the in-house publisher and distributor of interactive content from the world’s most popular anime brand, is collaborating with Cygames, the acclaimed developer of hit mobile titles, and funplex, a live-ops management and game operations company developed by GREE, Inc., to launch Princess Connect! Re: Dive to anime fans worldwide, with pre-registration launching today.
- Princess Connect! Re: Dive was released in Japan in 2018 and later released in Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese as well as Thai. At its peak, the game hit #1 in sales ranking in the Japanese App Store, and the other regions have followed with high sales ranking on the App Store.
- Cygames’ original creation has been adapted by Cygames Pictures into an anime series and the first season was simulcast worldwide (ex. Asia) by Crunchyroll in April 2020. Due to the series popularity, Part 2 was announced this past summer.
- Princess Connect! Re: Dive combines sophisticated gameplay with high-quality animation. Players begin their journey across the land of Astraea alongside Heroines to fight spirited, real-time battles. Each heroine can be powered up and strengthened as the story progresses, unlocking special story content.
- In-game cinematics are produced by a number of animation studios who have worked on numerous hit anime TV series in Japan. The game also features over 50 renowned voice actors including:
- M•A•O previously in “Fire Force” as Iris, “That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime” as Shion and "Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Saga" as Mamushi Hojo
- Miku Ito previously in “The Quintessential Quintuplets” as Miku Nakano, "Adachi and Shimamura" as Shimamura and “BanG Dream!” as Kokoro Tsurumaki
- Rika Tachibana previously in “Shomin Sample” as Reiko Arisugawa, "Street Fighter V" as Lucia and “Joshi Kausei” as Momoko Futo
- Princess Connect! Re: Dive is now open for fans to pre-register for Jewels and will be available on both iOS and Android. Pre-register directly in your Google Play store or App Store.
- All pre-registered players will receive 1,000 jewels as an in-game gift to celebrate the release of the game. Additional jewels will be added depending on how many players pre-register.
- 10,000 pre-registrations -> 150 Jewels
- 30,000 pre-registrations -> 300 Jewels
- 50,000 pre-registrations -> 450 Jewels
- 100,000 pre-registrations -> 750 Jewels
- 150,000 pre-registrations -> 1,050 Jewels
- 200,000 pre-registrations -> 1,500 Jewels
“We launched Crunchyroll Games two years ago and the addition of Princess Connect! Re: Dive symbolizes a real evolution for our brand and our portfolio of titles. Our community already loves the anime, and we’re excited to bring this title to anime fans around the world who have been patiently waiting outside of Asia.”
Terry Li, head of 360 and general manager of Games at Crunchyroll.
“I’m truly delighted that we can finally make this title available to both gaming and anime fans in Western regions, which of course includes fans of Princess Connect! Re: Dive. The game was developed as a fusion of anime and RPG elements, providing users with the innovative experience of ‘playing through an anime.’ We hope that many of you will be able to enjoy this fresh, new experience”
Yuito Kimura, Executive Director & Producer of Princess Connect! Re: Dive at Cygames.
Source: Official Press Release
About Crunchyroll Games
Crunchyroll Games is the publisher and distributor of interactive content for all members of the anime and gaming community. Crunchyroll connects anime and manga fans across 200 countries and territories with 360-degree experiences.
Crunchyroll Games titles include Grand Alliance, Mass for the Dead, Grand Summoners, Mob Psycho 100: Psychic Battle, and RWBY: Crystal Match. Crunchyroll Games has also supported several partner titles including NARUTO x BORUTO NINJA TRIBES. Crunchyroll Games are available across iOS and Android. For more on Crunchyroll Games, please visit crunchyrollgames.com.
Crunchyroll Games is a Crunchyroll brand. Crunchyroll, a WarnerMedia company and the world’s most popular anime brand, was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Lausanne, Chisinau, and Berlin (AV Visionen).