The world's first musical experience that travels between the real and virtual worlds through cutting-edge technology.
What You Need to Know:
- PARTY -- a creative collective that installs experiences of the future in society, leveraged its in-house virtual park system VARP to create the virtual music experience SHIN SEKAI "nowhere", in collaboration with rock band RADWIMPS.
- The experience will span over three days from 16th to 18th July. The oﬃcial app download and tickets are available starting 21st June.
- In 2020, together with RADWIMPS, PARTY launched "SHIN SEKAI" to co-create a new music experience connecting with fans around the world. At the prologue live held at the end of the year, many fans gathered in the virtual space of "SHIN SEKAI" and "traveled" together through "ROLE-PLAYING MUSIC," an experience that allows anyone to become a protagonist in the world of RADWIMPS' music.
- In 2021, the world is still in chaos, the deﬁnition of "rightness" is changing day by day, and people are living with various restrictions. We have decided to hold SHIN SEKAI "nowhere" as an attempt to survive and move forward in this diﬃcult time.
- With the power of the latest technology, participants will transform into avatars and enter a world of music ﬁlled with new expressions that they have never experienced before -- as if the real and virtual worlds are fused together. They will be taken on a journey to discover a new world and their own place in it, moving back and forth between an ideal world full of dreams and hopes, and a realistic world of pain and sorrow.
- Through the collaboration with RADWIMPS, PARTY will sublimate the "co-experience in the virtual world" provided by VARP as an entertainment expression for the next generation.
- We have prepared an experience for fans to celebrate the co-creation of SHIN SEKAI “nowhere” together. For more details, check the RADWIMPS oﬃcial account (@RADWIMPS) on June 22.
SHIN SEKAI “nowhere” RADWIMPS ROLE-PLAYING MUSIC teaser
Message from RADWIMPS
The final chapter of SHIN SEKAI starts here.
In the time of COVID-19 crisis, we have spent over a year experiencing every day like never before. What are the meanings of being alive, everyday life, hope, family, work, music, the future? This may be the first time in our lives that we reflect this much on ourselves.
Even so, I believe in human strength. No matter how this powerful virus robs us of our everyday lives, we do not give up on this head-on fight. This past year has also given us the chance for such realizations. SHIN SEKAI is yet another rebellion, a new challenge.
This stage “nowhere” will be a never-before-seen musical experience that all of us create and share in the virtual space of VARP. We look forward to enjoying new sensations and emotions with you.
See you in SHIN SEKAI “nowhere.”
RADWIMPS Yojiro Noda
RADWIMPS SHIN SEKAI “nowhere” Overview
This virtual music experience will be distributed to more than 40 countries and regions around the world, including North America, Europe, and Asia. From 21st June to 4th July, participants can purchase tickets at a special early bird price. For users who have already downloaded the "SHIN SEKAI" app, they can purchase tickets by updating the app.
For more details on how to purchase the pass, please check the oﬃcial website. In order for fans to enjoy the world of SHIN SEKAI "nowhere" even more, special avatars that can be used in the virtual space are also available.
RADWIMPS - SHIN SEKAI “nowhere”
Dates & Times: July 16-18, 2021, 11:00- / 16:00- / 22:00- Every Day (All times in JST)
Organizer: voque ting
Planning & Production: PARTY
Cooperation: TOKYO FM / FM802 / Universal Music Group / Bokunchi
Sponsors: AZLA / RA RI RU RECORDS
Tickets (Tax Included):
3-Day Pass｜Early Bird: 2,820 JPY / Regular: 3,060 JPY
3-Day Pass with Bokunchi Membership Beneﬁts｜Early Bird: 2,820 JPY / Regular: 3,060 JPY
3-Day Pass + Prologue Live Archive｜Early Bird: 3,300 JPY / Regular: 3,540 JPY
3-Day Pass with Bokunchi Membership Beneﬁts + Prologue Live Archive｜Early Bird: 3,300 JPY / Regular: 3,540 JPY
Prologue Live Archive｜490 JPY
Please note: Ticket prices are listed in Japanese yen, and the prices shown in the currency of the user's location may vary due to the tax rate and currency exchange rate at the timing of purchase.
How to Participate
1. Download the newest version of the oﬃcial app "SHIN SEKAI" Download Link: http://bit.ly/RADWIMPSnowhereDL
2. Purchase a pass at the SHOP within the app
Available Languages & Regions
- Japanese / English
- Ireland / USA / UAE / Argentina / UK / Italy / India / Indonesia / Australia / Austria / Netherlands / Canada / Colombia / Saudi Arabia / Singapore / Switzerland / Sweden / Spain / Thailand / Chile / Denmark / Germany / New Zealand / Norway / Hungary / Philippines / Finland / Brazil / France / Vietnam / Peru / Belgium / Poland / Portugal / Macau / Malaysia / Mexico / Russia / Korea / Hong Kong / Taiwan / Japan
- The contents of each show will be the same.
- Use the app with compatible environments.
The app may not work properly when viewed in environments other than those listed below.
iOS13 or later (iPhone 8 or later)
Android 9.0 or later
- Downloading the app in a Wi-Fi environment is recommended.
- As downloading requires some time, allow plenty of time to download the app in advance.
- Passes are non-refundable.
Supporters on Twitter Celebration: Mark Your Name in the Ending Credits
Source: Official Press Release
Yojiro Noda (Vo/Gt/Pf), Akira Kuwahara (Gt), Yusuke Takeda (Ba)
(Drummer Satoshi Yamaguchi is currently on hiatus due to a chronic condition)
RADWIMPS formed in 2001, and made its major debut in 2005. Soon after the 4-piece band's debut, they garnered a broad fan base, with the younger generation at the core. RADWIMPS has released nine original albums thus far. The band's creation of music for record-breaking animated feature ﬁlms "Your Name." and "Weathering With You" led to recognitions at the Japanese Academy Award for Best Original Score. RADWIMPS expands their musical activities beyond Japan, including touring extensively around the world.
In November 2020, in commemoration of the 15th anniversary of their major debut, RADWIMPS held a 2-day real- time live stream "15th Anniversary Special Concert" at Yokohama Arena on November 22 and 23.
In March 2021, RADWIMPS released the album "2+0+2+1+3+1+1= 10 years 10 songs" which includes songs released annually on YouTube and new songs in remembrance of the Great East Japan Earthquake. All proﬁts from the album will be donated to the Japanese Red Cross Society, local governments, and related organizations to support relief eﬀorts for natural disasters and other disasters that occur throughout Japan (sales until December 31, 2021 are eligible for donation). In April 2021, they released a new song "Iron Feather" for digital distribution.
About Virtual Park System"VARP"
VARP is a virtual park system for people to create their own avatars and enjoy shared experiences of music, live performances, movies, art, and events in virtual spaces. With VARP, artists and event organizers can customize their very own virtual parks, and distribute them as iOS / Android apps. Users around the world will be able to freely explore the venues and share with one another the excitement of live music, events and an array of content. So far, VARP has been leveraged in collaborations such as the virtual music experience "VIRTUAL DISTORTION" with hip-hop artist kZm, as well as "JUMP FESTA 2021 ONLINE" with publishing company Shueisha.
PARTY is a creative collective that installs experiences of the future in society. Its many achievements are centered on creations that fuse the latest technology with storytelling, such as the virtual live performance "VARP" -- where users can enjoy entertainment experiences that are customized to each artist's unique worldview, the creative direction for the Japanese edition of "WIRED" magazine, and the spatial design of Narita International Airport Terminal 3. PARTY also invests its energy in new business development projects such as "The Chain Museum," which uses technology to democratize the relationship between art and people, and "Stadium Experiment," which digitally transforms the experience of watching soccer games.