What You Need to Know:
- Aniplex of America is thrilled to announce that the emotional feature-length film Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl will be coming to Blu-ray beginning June 30, 2020. Based on Hajime Kamoshida’s best-selling light novel that explores the complexities of growing up in the modern age, the film was released in U.S. and Canadian theaters in October of 2019, quickly prompting additional screening dates due to popular demand. The Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl Blu-ray will include a special booklet with character reference guides, scene design materials, and storyboard artworks, along with an exclusive package illustration by Original Illustrator Keji Mizoguchi and Character Designer Satomi Tamura. Pre-order for the Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl Blu-ray is available now at online retailer RightStuf Anime (https://www.rightstufanime.com/).
- As the only feature-length film of the fan favorite anime series, Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl picks up from where the immensely popular Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai TV series left off, unraveling yet another peculiar case of the psychophysiological phenomenon known as the “puberty syndrome.”
- The series has been widely praised for its authenticity and approach on relatable social topics, garnering much critical acclaim including being featured in both Polygon and Thrillist’s list of “The Best Anime of 2018,” as well as winning Anime Trending Award 2019’s “Romance Anime of the Year,” “Supernatural Anime of the Year,” and “Best in Adaptation.” The show also did well at the Crunchyroll Anime Awards 2019’s by taking home the “Best Girl Award” for heroine Mai Sakurajima.
- The film stars popular voice actor Kaito Ishikawa (My Hero Academia, Haikyu!!, One Punch Man) as the main character, Sakuta Azusagawa, along with Inori Minase (The Anthem of the Heart, Re:ZERO) as Shoko Makinohara, and Asami Seto (Chihayafuru, Bungo Stray Dogs) as the iconic Bunny Girl Senpai, Mai Sakurajima.
- Atsumi Tanezaki (Highschool Fleet, BLEND-S), Maaya Uchida (THE PROMISED NEVERLAND, Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma), Nao Toyama (NISEKOI, Laid-Back Camp), and Yurika Kubo (Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in Dungeons?, Love Live! School Idol Project) also return to the film as the series’ beloved supporting characters.
- Produced by CloverWorks (THE PROMISED NEVERLAND, Fate/Grand Order Absolute Demonic Front: Babylonia), the film is directed by Soichi Masui (Sakura Quest, Crayon Shin-chan films), with screenplay by Masahiro Yokotani (Free!, Re:ZERO – Starting Life in Another World –), and character design by Satomi Tamura (Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend, Kiznaiver) who also serves as chief animation director.
Source: Official Press Release
Another great addition to put into my collection of movies!
2020 is not looking too bad after all!