What You Need to Know:
- This is most definitely massive news for manga fans out there, as Japanese publishing giant, Shueisha, released its new global manga reader application and web service, “MANGA Plus by SHUEISHA” today. This official service, run by the editorial team for Weekly Shonen Jump and Shonen Jump +, gives fans a chance to experience their favorite Shounen series on the go for free! The best thing is that releases are simultaneous with Japan! That's right, when Japan receives it so do you!
- Some of your favorites include: BORUTO, Teenage Renaissance! David, My Hero Academia, ONE PIECE, Blue Exorcist, DEATH NOTE, and MUCH MORE! There will be a total of 50 titles available to read. (*Each chapter will be available for a limited time) (*Additional titles will be added gradually. The lineup for Spanish service may differ). New releases will be available in English and Spanish. (Service in Spanish is planned to begin between February and March).
- To celebrate the release of this new service, a new campaign will be held on Facebook. Out of all participants who like and comment on the campaign image on the official Facebook page, 3 winners will be chosen per title, for a total of 9 winners. Winners will receive a poster personally signed by the author.
- In February, the prize will be from Eiichiro Oda, author of “One Piece”. In March, the prize will be from Kohei Horikoshi, author of “My Hero Academia”. In April, the prize will be from Yuki Tabata, the author of “Black Clover”. For more information about the campaign, please check out the official “MANGA Plus by SHUEISHA” Facebook page.
- We had the incredible privilege of sitting down with the Shueisha team and have conducted an exclusive interview, so be sure to check it out!
- If all of this sounds great, then be sure to download the app for iOS and Android devices. This app is global but excludes Japan, China, and Korea.
Source: Official Press Release
Jump’s manga will now be available at the same time all over the world! Now that it’s an of official service, there will be a lot to read!
Masashi Kishimoto, author of “Naruto” and “Boruto”
Until now Japanese manga such as “Naruto”, “One Piece” and “Dragon Ball” have been supported by readers all over the world. From here on we would like to expand even more, and have our characters known to everyone worldwide.
Even for series which have become popular, there are many areas where it was not possible to get an of official copy, or where there were no opportunities to read that particular manga.
We’ve finally taken advantage of this opportunity and created an official service to release our series globally, at the same time as in Japan.
With readers all over the world using the of official “Manga Plus” platform, authors of these series will be able to continue writing or create new titles.
Let’s look forward to reading manga together world-wide
Shuhei Hosono, Chief Editor of “Manga Plus by SHUEISHA”