Redout trailer (Switch)
What You Need to Know:
- Nicalis officially announced today that Redout, a high-velocity futuristic racing game, has released digitally on Nintendo Switch. Designed as an homage to the futuristic racing genre, but with modern elements under the hood, Redout offers white-knuckled racing challenges for players seeking sensory-overloading racing intensity.
- Developed by 34BigThings, Redout provides a stable of 28 futuristic and customizable vehicles, each one featuring distinct characteristics like acceleration, top speed, grip, structural integrity, energy pool and energy recharge speed. The gameplay encourages pitch-perfect steering and strafing, as each successfully-maneuvered turn, slope and twist applies a unique force that can be channeled into even greater forward velocity.
- With 11 event types and over 100 different total events, all of the high-speed action in Redout is accentuated with flying sparks, electrical arcs and blazing exhaust. The highly optimized environments offer 60 evocative courses set in 12 futuristic locations, where a semi abandoned Earth provides a dystopian background. State-of-the-art shading and lighting effects enhance the action and create beautiful and eerily recognizable aesthetics.
- Single-player Career Mode gives Redout racers the opportunity to gain experience, level up and upgrade their vehicles with power-ups like additional turbo, self-repair drones, advanced grip systems and more. A variety of multiplayer race modes lets up to six players compete for online supremacy as the fastest times and top players are recorded on the global leaderboards.
- Redout for Nintendo Switch includes the main game, in addition to all extra gameplay-related downloadable content as a free bonus (a $40 value).
Source: Official Press Release
Whoaaa, such a wicked looking game! Reminds me of Wipeout!
I can totally see the relationship between them for sure!