What You Need to Know:
- The folks over at Anime NYC today announced acclaimed anime voice actress Rie Kugimiya will participate in this year’s Anime NYC as an Official Guest. This will be the first US appearance by Ms. Kugimiya, who is one of the most prolific voice actresses in Japan and known for voicing beloved characters for over 25 years. Her rare appearance will include an even rarer autograph signing exclusively at Anime NYC.
- Anime NYC is New York’s largest anime, manga, and Japanese pop culture convention. It will welcome over 40,000 attendees when it returns to the Javits Center for its third year on November 15-17, 2019. In addition to Ms. Kugimiya, it will showcase major names from across the anime world including Yoshiyuki Tomino, creator and director of the 40-year-old Mobile Suit Gundam; Riichiro Inagaki and Boich, creators of hit manga series Dr. STONE; and Lantis Matsuri 2019 at Anime NYC, a mega concert with Japanese musicians JAM Project, TRUE, ZAQ, and Guilty Kiss from Love Live! Sunshine!! Aqours.
- Because of her numerous roles as cold-hearted characters, Rie Kugimiya has been nicknamed the “Queen of Tsundere” by her fans - a Japanese term for a person initially cold before revealing a more friendly nature. In addition to voice acting, Ms. Kugimiya has also performed the theme songs to many of her popular shows, and for her contributions to the anime world, she has won awards such as Best Actress and Best Supporting Role in the prestigious Seiyuu Awards.
- Ms. Kugimiya’s Anime NYC appearance will be on Sunday, November 17, during which she will participate in a main stage panel discussion and autograph signing with fans. Ms. Kugimiya is very excited to be part of Anime NYC, and she looks forward to seeing all her fans for the first time in the USA. Ms. Kugimiya’s panel will be free and open to all Anime NYC attendees with Weekend or Sunday passes.
- Ms. Kugimiya’s autograph signing will be a paid signing with signing tickets very limited in number. Her signing tickets will go on sale at 6 PM Eastern Time on October 6. Each signing ticket will be $125, and there is a limit of one per person. Ms. Kugimiya will sign one shikishi (Japanese signing board) per person, and a shikishi will be included with each signing ticket. Ms. Kugimiya will not sign merchandise or personal items. Each signing ticket also includes reserved seating during Ms. Kugimiya’s panel discussion. Her signing tickets will be available at showclix.com/event/animenyc2019. An Anime NYC Weekend or Sunday pass is also required to participate in her signing.
Source: Official Press Release
Rie Kugimiya's Most Notable Roles
Alphonse Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Shana (Shakugan no Shana)
Taiga Aisaka (Toradora!)
Happy (Fairy Tail)
Oda Nobunaga (Fate/Grand Order)
Iori Minase (THE iDOLM@STER)
Rise Kujikawa (Persona 4)
Vyrn (Granblue Fantasy)
Aria H. Kanzaki (Aria the Scarlet Ammo)
Louise (The Familiar of Zero)
Nagi Sanzenin (Hayate the Combat Butler)