You can’t stage a riot with just two people!
What You Need to Know:
- The roar of revolution draws near, as Sunsoft prepares to release the insurgency co-op game Ikki Unite on February 15, 2023, for PC via Steam! Known outside Japan as Farmers Rebellion and Boomerang, the classic 1980s casual co-op game from Sunsoft is back and better than ever, with online multiplayer, leaderboards, and more, but the core of this pixel period drama remains untouched.
- Our setting is feudal Japan. The rice crops have failed, but when local landlords refuse to adjust their tax demands, the villagers take matters into their own hands. Arise, take up arms, and overthrow the callous lords determined to grind every last ounce of humanity from your soul.
- The task is daunting for one average farmer, but luckily, you aren’t an average farmer! Gather up to 16 friends, select from 16 unique characters – exploration, enhancement, offense and recovery –and go wild in Ikki Unite’s expansive, but easy-to-learn battles. No fellow rioters nearby? No problem! Slide into a matchmaking room and join miscreants from around the world in your bid to secure justice for your home.
- Each player starts on a different part of the map and fights to clear all foes, eventually teaming up to take down the regional boss before time runs out. Ikki Unite lets you play almost entirely with the D-pad, so while you might be creating chaos on screen, controlling it is easy and intuitive. Should you or an ally fall in battle, all is not lost. Simply stand over them for a few moments to restore their fighting spirit, and they can leap back into the fray.
- Riotously fun, easy-to-learn battle system
- Nearly two dozen character classes to master
- Picturesque pixel art created in the jidaigeki style
- Local and online multiplayer mean there’s always someone to riot with
Source: Official Press Release