Root Letter: Last Answer - Announcement Trailer
What You Need to Know:
- PQube and developer Kadokawa Games are excited to announce Root Letter: Last Answer for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4! The visual novel bestseller will release later this year as an enhanced version of the gripping investigation story, including a new epilogue, gameplay improvements and a brand new live action mode, turning all the hand-drawn moments into reenacted scenes.
- 15 years have passed since your correspondence with your pen friend Aya Fumino. While you moved on with your life, a confession of murder left in her last letter now resurfaces. Travel to Aya’s hometown and discover what happened to her. Her friends may know the truth but none of them seem willing to let you delve into the past. Are they responsible for her disappearance?
- With over 500 thousand copies of the original sold in the west, the mystery story is one of the most successful visual novels of all time. Follow the leads given in Aya's letters to track down her long-time friends. Use your items and the information found during the investigation to make them reveal the truth.
- Turn on the live-action mode from the title screen at any time in the game to see Shimane's locations and residents come to life. In addition to several UI improvements, Root Letter: Last Answer adds new epilogues that concludes the story around Aya Fumino.
- Players who prefer the animated version of the game will enjoy the beautifully detailed artwork by the masterful character designer Minoboshi Taro and the atmospheric soundtrack by composer Takashi Nitta.
Source: Official Press Release
So now they've implemented a live action portion?! COOOOOL!
I'm actually more curious about the live action portion too. I want to see how well executed it is!