The new adaptation will cover the "Even a Worm" arc.
What You Need to Know:
- Through its YouTube channel, Frontier Works posted a promotional video today to announce a new anime adaptation of the Saiyuki Reload manga. The new anime will be called Saiyuki Reload -ZEROIN-, and it will cover the arc of the manga titled "Even a Worm."
- The cast members of the previous adaptations will return to their respective roles. Additionally, it was announced that voice actor Houchu Ohtsuka will be joining this cast, but it was not revealed who he will be playing.
- The rest of the cast is made up of Toshihiko Seki como Genjo Sanzo Souichiro Hoshi as Son Goku, Hiroaki Hirata as Sha Gojyo, Akira Ishida as Cho Hakkai.
- Liden Films will be in charge of producing the new adaptation. Additionally, manga author Kazuya Minekura posted the first visual for the new anime!
- Saiyuki Reload is a manga created by Kazuya Minekura and published in the journal Square Enix's Gekkan GFantasy from February 1997 to January 2002, completing 9 volumes. The original story has had many anime adaptations, the last being the Saiyuki Reload -BLAST- series, produced by Platimun Vision studio and released in July 2017.
- Synopsis: Youkai and human beings coexist peacefully in Tougenkyou. However, a short time ago, a wave of negative energy spread across the world, causing the youkai to lose control, attacking all humans. The divinity Kanzeon Bosatsu suspected that this event may be related to the attempts to resurrect Gyuumaou, a great youkai who was imprisoned five hundred years ago. To verify this, Kanzeon Bosatsu sends the human monk Genjo Sanzo along with his three fellow yokai Son Goku, Cho Hakkai and Sha Gojyo to the West, to find such an answer.
Yet another classic comes back!
It looks great! Updated but still the same Saiyuki we love!