From December 2nd to 8th SEGA Europe & its development studios will host official developer streams & rally communities to stream & raise money for cancer research
What You Need to Know:
- This Wednesday, SEGA® Europe Ltd. is kicking off a week-long initiative of charity livestreams in collaboration with Stand Up To Cancer® (SU2C). Together with beloved development studios Amplitude Studios™, Creative Assembly™, Relic Entertainment™ and Two Point Studios™, SEGA Europe will be working with dozens of talented content creators to raise money for SU2C's groundbreaking cancer research programs
- Stand Up To Cancer launched its #SU2CStreamTeam fundraising campaign in 2019, inviting gamers and content creators to host charity streams and help raise awareness and funds for lifesaving cancer research. Every penny of the support SU2C receives goes directly to its collaborative cancer research programs.
- As part of this campaign, as well as of the celebration of SEGA's 60th anniversary, SEGA Europe, Amplitude Studios™, Creative Assembly™ and Relic Entertainment™ will be hosting official developer streams throughout the week, streaming alongside the many participating community members & fans from around the world. While content creators will be live throughout the week, the official SEGA stream schedule is as follows:
- December 2nd, 3-5pm GMT – Watch The Sisters of Twilight clash with Clan Mulder in Total War: WARHAMMER II with Creative Assembly – twitch.tv/totalwar
- December 3rd, 4-7pm GMT – Join as Amplitude Studios saves Auriga in Endless Legend – twitch.tv/amplitudestudios
- December 7th, 5-11pm GMT – SEGA Europe plays Total War: WARHAMMER II, Alien: Isolation & Sonic Mania – twitch.tv/sega
- December 8th, 7-9pm GMT – Relic Entertainment takes a look back at one of their most popular games – twitch.tv/relicentertainment
- Are you a streamer? Do you want to help raise money for charity while playing the games you love? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to take part! Together with Stand Up To Cancer, let's fight to end cancer as we know it – one stream at a time.
- For more information on SEGA and any of its products, visit www.sega.com.
"Now more than ever, it's critical to support cancer research. In the U.S. alone, we continue to lose one person every minute to this terrible disease. We are immensely grateful to SEGA and its talented network of content creators who are turning their passion into action by supporting the cancer community at this time."
Sung Poblete, PhD, RN, CEO of Stand Up To Cancer.
Source: Official Press Release
About SEGA® Europe Ltd.:
SEGA® Europe Ltd. is the European Distribution arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA CORPORATION, and a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. SEGA wholly owns the video game development studios Two Point Studios, Creative Assembly, Relic Entertainment, Amplitude Studios, Sports Interactive and HARDlight. SEGA Europe's website is located at www.sega.co.uk
About Stand Up To Cancer
Stand Up To Cancer® (SU2C) raises funds to accelerate the pace of research to get new therapies to patients quickly and save lives now. SU2C, a division of the Entertainment Industry Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, was established in 2008 by media and entertainment leaders who utilize these communities' resources to engage the public in supporting a new, collaborative model of cancer research, to increase awareness about cancer prevention, and to highlight progress being made in the fight against the disease. As of August 2020, more than 1,950 scientists representing more than 210 institutions are involved in SU2C-funded research projects.
Under the direction of our Scientific Advisory Committee, led by Nobel laureate Phillip A. Sharp, Ph.D., SU2C operates rigorous competitive review processes to identify the best research proposals to recommend for funding, oversee grants administration, and ensure collaboration across research programs.
Current members of the SU2C Council of Founders and Advisors (CFA) include Katie Couric, Sherry Lansing, Kathleen Lobb, Lisa Paulsen, Rusty Robertson, Sue Schwartz, Pamela Oas Williams, and Ellen Ziffren. The late Laura Ziskin and the late Noreen Fraser are also co-founders. Sung Poblete, Ph.D., R.N., serves as SU2C's CEO. For more information, visit StandUpToCancer.org.