What You Need to Know:
- Sentai announced today that it acquired irreverent comedy anime HARELUYA II BOY for distribution to audiences in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Scandinavia, South Africa, the Netherlands, Portugal, Central America, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Honduras, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, and Spain.
- Hareluya Hibino has one ambition in life: to conquer the entire world! Despite his tough exterior, he’s not a bad person, and when push comes to shove, he’ll do his best to help those in need. Together with aspiring painter Kiyoshiro, Hareluya will take on whatever curveballs life may throw his way.
- Directed by Kiyoshi Egami (City Hunter ’91, episode director Busou Shinki), HARELUYA II BOY is animated by TRIANGLE STAFF (Venus Wars, Serial Experiments Lain) with character design from Takahiro Kishida (Haikyuu!!, BTOOOM!, Baccano!). The series is based upon the manga series by original creator Haruto Umezawa (Bremen, Beast Wheeler).
- The series stars Shinichiro Miki (Gingitsune, Hakuoki ~Demon of the Fleeting Blossom~, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood) as Hareluya Hibino, Yusei Oda (Little Busters!, World Trigger, When They Cry: Kai) as Makoto Ichijo, Naoko Miura (Soul Hunter, Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo, Shinkai Densetsu Meremanoid) as Michiru Yamana and Yuji Ueda (Detroit Metal City, Hell Girl, Deca-Dence) as Kiyoshiro Okamoto.
- Sentai will stream HARELUYA II BOY in association with select digital outlets with a home video release to follow.
- For Sentai’s latest announcements regarding this and other great titles, be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
A Cool Japan Fund portfolio company, Sentai is a leading global supplier of anime and official anime merchandise, distributing and curating one of the industry’s most diverse libraries of top trending and classic titles. Sentai offers thousands of hours of content across both traditional and digital platforms and is dedicated to bringing captivating stories and iconic characters directly from Japan. With hit series that include MADE IN ABYSS, Food Wars!, Princess Tutu and Parasyte -the maxim-, Sentai’s catalog continues to grow with new favorites like Bloom Into You, Revue Starlight and O Maidens in Your Savage Season, as well as classic anime series such as Legend of the Galactic Heroes and The Big O. For more information, visit www.sentai.com.
Source: Official Press Release