What You Need to Know:
- Sentai announced today that it acquired rights to Happy-Go-Lucky Days, a frank exploration of love, yearning and hidden desire. The feature length animated feature, a compilation of vignettes, is based on the works of Takako Shimura (Wandering Son). Sentai will distribute the picture in North America, Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Netherlands, Greenland, Faroe and Aland Islands, Scandinavia, Spain, Portugal, Central America and South America, including Latin America.
- Happy-Go-Lucky Days tells three unique stories of young people in Japan from very different backgrounds but who all must grapple with changes, in mind, body and soul, on their bittersweet journey from adolescence. From a forbidden crush, to the wedding of a former lover, to the burgeoning feelings for a childhood friend, each scenario may differ, but they have one thing in common: These are universally frank stories of humanity that will touch the hearts of audiences everywhere.
- Produced by LIDENFILMS (Love and Lies, The Heroic Legend of Arsland), Happy-Go-Lucky Days is directed by Takuya Sato (Kase-san and Morning Glories, Strawberry Marshmallow), who also penned the film’s screenplay alongside Yasunori Ide (We Never Learn: BOKUBEN) and Yoriko Tomita (Real Girl, Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond).
- The series stars Kana Hanazawa (The Garden of Words, Senryu Girl) as Ecchan, Mikako Komatsu (Blue Spring Ride, My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU) as Aya-san, Takahiro Sakurai (Hatsukoi Limited, The Fruit of Grisaia) as Mr. Sawa, Seiichiro Yamashita (Girls Beyond the Wasteland, Orange) as Yagasaki-kun, Ibuki Kido (RE-KAN!, Blade Dance of the Elementalers) as Shin-chan, Kaori Ishihara (Waiting in the Summer, Kokoro Connect) as Mika-chan, Ai Fairouzi (Kandagawa Jet Girls, Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon) as Sayoko, Saori Hayami (Glasslip, anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day) as Yuri, Mutsumi Tamura (Tada Never Falls in Love, MADE IN ABYSS) as Yoriko-san and Nobunaga Shimazaki (My Love Story!!, Parasyte -the maxim-) as Tanabe-kun.
- Happy-Go-Lucky Days will be available on HIDIVE on December 10, 2020 with a home video release and additional digital distribution to follow.
- For Sentai’s latest announcements regarding this and other great titles, be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Source: Official Press Release
A Cool Japan Fund portfolio company, Sentai is a leading global supplier of anime and official anime merchandise, distributing and curating one of the industry’s most diverse libraries of top trending and classic titles. Sentai offers thousands of hours of content across both traditional and digital platforms and is dedicated to bringing captivating stories and iconic characters directly from Japan. With hit series that include MADE IN ABYSS, Food Wars!, Princess Tutu and Parasyte -the maxim-, Sentai’s catalog continues to grow with new favorites like Bloom Into You, Revue Starlight and O Maidens in Your Savage Season, as well as classic anime series such as Legend of the Galactic Heroes and The Big O. For more information, visit www.sentaifilmworks.com.