What You Need to Know:
- Sentai announced today that it acquired Studio MAPPA’s Kakegurui XX, the sequel to the stylishly high-stakes gambling anime Kakegurui. Sentai will distribute the series to audiences in the United States, Canada and Latin American.
- At Hyakkao Private Academy, Yumeko Jabami’s star rises just as the student council’s reputation starts to dim. In the shadows of the council’s dwindling power, discord reigns supreme. In a bold effort to rebalance the social scales, student council president Kirari Momobami intends to place her bet on the election for the council’s next president. Everyone starts with a single chip, and at the end of 30 days, the whoever holds the most becomes the president of the Momobami Clan. But chips aren’t the only things students can wager as they fight tooth and nail to ascend to the council presidency, and Yumeko Jabami intends to clean house no matter the prizes she must risk in the betting pool.
- Kakegurui XX is directed by Yuichiro Hayashi (Attack on Titan Final Season, Dorohedoro, GARO: The Animation) and Kiyoshi Matsuda (RE-MAIN, Uchitama?! Have you seen my Tama?, Kuma Miko) and is produced by studio MAPPA (Dororo, Kids on the Slope, Jujutsu Kaisen). Yasuko Kobayashi (Attack on Titan, Claymore, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable) provides series composition.
- The series stars Saori Hayami (My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU, MM!, Darling in the Franxx) as Yumeko Jabami, Minami Tanaka (Wake Up, Girls!, Zombieland Saga, Assassination Classroom) as Mary Saotome, Tatsuya Tokutake (Beautiful Bones -Sakurako's Investigation-, THE IDOLM@STER SideM, Gurazeni: Money Pitch) as Ryota Suzui and Miyuki Sawashiro (High School of the Dead, Kokoro Connect, Hunter x Hunter) as Kirari Momobami.
- Sentai will release Kakegurui XX on home video in Q1 2022.
- For Sentai’s latest announcements regarding this and other great titles, be sure to like them on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
A Cool Japan Fund portfolio company, Sentai is a leading global supplier of anime and official anime merchandise, distributing and curating one of the industry’s most diverse libraries of top trending and classic titles. Sentai offers thousands of hours of content across both traditional and digital platforms and is dedicated to bringing captivating stories and iconic characters directly from Japan. With hit series that include MADE IN ABYSS, Food Wars!, Princess Tutu and Parasyte -the maxim-, Sentai’s catalog continues to grow with new favorites like Bloom Into You, Revue Starlight and O Maidens in Your Savage Season, as well as classic anime series such as Legend of the Galactic Heroes and The Big O. For more information, visit www.sentai.com.
Source: Official Press Release