What You Need to Know:
- Sentai announced today that it acquired rights to Bushiroad’s CARDFIGHT!! VANGUARD overDress, the latest entry in Bushiroad’s popular “Cardfight!! Vanguard” multimedia franchise, for audiences in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. Sentai will begin streaming the series on HIDIVE on April 2, 2021 at 23:40 UTC.
- The next installment in the Cardfight!! Vanguard series is here with CARDFIGHT!! VANGUARD overDress, an anime series based on the latest set of collectible trading cards released in the “Cardfight!! Vanguard” multimedia project. The series chronicles 15-year-old Yu-yu as he discovers the nocturnal amusement park known as Wonder Hill, where the members of Team Blackout gather to play Vanguard each night. Soon Yu-yu finds himself drawn into epic battles and thrilling action, and as he and Team Blackout fight to maintain their territory, he’ll make new friends and compete for Vanguard supremacy.
- An original production created by Bushiroad (BanG Dream!, D4DJ First Mix) and Akira Itou, Kinema citrus (MADE IN ABYSS, Revue Starlight) animates CARDFIGHT!! VANGUARD overDress while Satoshi Mori directs. CLAMP (Cardcaptor Sakura, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion) provides the series’ character designs.
- CARDFIGHT!! VANGUARD overDress stars Shouta Aoi (DEVILS’ LINE, Carole & Tuesday) as Yu-yu Kondo, Amane Shindo (D4DJ First Mix, Bermuda Triangle – Colorful Pastorale) as Megumi Okura, Yuki Ono (ASSASSINS PRIDE, Beastars) as Danji Momoyama and Yuma Uchida (Ahiru no Sora, Jujutsu Kaisen) as Tohya Ebata.
- Sentai will stream the series on HIDIVE beginning April 2, 2021 at 23:40 UTC.
- For Sentai’s latest announcements regarding this and other great titles, be sure to like them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter.
Source: Official Press Release
A Cool Japan Fund portfolio company, Sentai is a leading global supplier of anime and official anime merchandise, distributing, and curating one of the industry’s most diverse libraries of top trending and classic titles. Sentai offers thousands of hours of content across both traditional and digital platforms and is dedicated to bringing captivating stories and iconic characters directly from Japan. With hit series that include MADE IN ABYSS, Food Wars!, Princess Tutu and Parasyte -the maxim-, Sentai’s catalog continues to grow with new favorites like Bloom Into You, Revue Starlight and O Maidens in Your Savage Season, as well as classic anime series such as Legend of the Galactic Heroes and The Big O. For more information, visit http://www.sentai.com/.