Seven Seas announced their recent licensing of comedy manga series "Happy Kanako’s Killer Life" and BL manga "Classmates" continuations "Sora and Hara" and "O.B."
What You Need to Know:
- Happy Kanako’s Killer Life by Toshiya Wakabayashi, a hilarious full-color manga about office politics and killers-for-hire!
- When Kanako accidentally applies to work at an assassination agency, the timid office worker discovers that she has a knack for bumping people off. Will she ever earn the respect of Sakurai, her prickly and kinda hot co-worker--and why is she still having silly workplace problems when she’s employed with hitmen?! This full-color manga is dangerously funny!
- Seven Seas will publish the manga series Happy Kanako’s Killer Life for the first time in North America in print and on digital platforms in single large-trim editions. Volume 1 will be released in August 2021 for $14.99 USA / $18.99 CAN.
- The continuation of the Classmates Boys’ Love manga series by Asumiko Nakamura, Sora and Hara—a single volume tale—followed by O.B.—a two-volume story—will be released in one beautiful omnibus!
- In Sora and Hara, learn more about the teacher Hara Manabu, a gay man who feels somewhat adrift in the world. He spends his days teaching at an all-boys school, his nights out on the town. While at a gay bar, he meets a young man named Sorano and makes an instant connection. But things become complicated when he sees Sorano again--as a new student at school! Hara immediately shuts down the possibility of a relationship, although the situation is unearthing issues from Hara’s youth, when he himself had complicated sexual feelings in his teens...and the current emotional baggage that still lingers with his now-graduated student, Rihito. In this darkly comedic drama about love and aging, a seen-it-all teacher has more learning of his own to do.
- In O.B., Hikaru and Rihito may have graduated high school, but their life beyond is just beginning! Can these two boys keep their relationship strong while they grow into adults together? Meanwhile, many of their friends, including their former teacher Hara, are dealing with their own relationship drama. This collection of manga stories from the modern BL classic, Classmates, was originally released in two volumes in Japan, but will be published together in English as a single omnibus.
- Seven Seas will publish the manga Classmates Vol. 4: Sora and Hara for the first time in North America in print and on digital platforms in a single volume edition. The book will be released in November 2021 for $14.99 USA / $18.99 CAN.
- Seven Seas will publish the manga Classmates Vol. 5: O.B. for the first time in North America in print and on digital platforms in a single omnibus edition. The book will be released in January 2022 for $19.99 USA / $24.99 CAN.
Source: Official Press Release
About Seven Seas Entertainment
Established in 2004, Seven Seas Entertainment specializes in bringing the best of Japanese manga and light novels to North American audiences, and producing original comics, graphic novels, and youth literature. As of July 2021, Seven Seas and all of its book imprints are distributed by Penguin Random House Publisher Services. For more information, visit sevenseasentertainment.com