What You Need to Know:
- Anime Expo 2017 has come to an end but the extravagant memories it left in our hearts will resonate for all eternity, or at least until next year.
- This year Anime Expo added its first Pre-Show Night which had 8,068 unique attendance. The regular unique event attendance was 107,658, marking a 7% increase from last year. Overall unique attendance for Anime Expo reached 115,726 including Pre-Show Night, marking a 15% increase of attendance from 2016. Overall turnstile attendance was marked at 357,178 with Pre-Show Night, representing a 17% growth increase from last year. AX 2017 featured 800+ hours of programming, a 12% increase from 2016. Additionally, Anime Expo live streamed its 30+ hours of Petree Hall content for the first time reaching 340,000+ views from 67 counties.
- Notable names from the Japanese entertainment industry were in attendance such as Actor/Entertainer Yamada Ryosuke and Director Fumihiko Sori, who did a splendid presenation for their upcoming live action Fullmetal Alchemist film. Akira Himekawa (creators of Legend of Zelda manga), Yuto Tsukuda (Co-Creator of Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma), plus voice actors Miyu Irino, Daisuke Hirakawa, Yui Horie, Yui Ishikawa, and Tomokazu Seki.
- Video game creators Hironobu Sakaguchi and Kimihiro Fujisaka from Mistwalker, Sohei Niikawa and Hikaru Kondo from Nippon Ichi Software, and Tsunako and Mizuno from Idea Factory were on hand to discuss their latest work.
- Next year’s Anime Expo is scheduled for July 4 – 8, 2018, with Pre-Show Night on July 4th. 4-day badges for AX 2018 are now on-sale for $71, with the rest of the Premier Fan badges to be released (more info TBA). In the meantime, check out the closing video for Anime Expo 2017, and we look forward to seeing you again at Anime Expo 2018!!
Source: Official Press Release
Such a memorable event for anime and gaming fans alike. The home for all otaku to gather and make great connections in North America.
Yeah it's such a great way for those in the west who don't have a chance to visit or live in Japan, to experience the culture close to home. See you all next year!