What You Need to Know:
- The official website for the anime adaptation of the light novel Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja (She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man) and Funimation released the first promotional video and a key visual for the series today.
- The anime, which is co-produced by Funimation, will be realeased this year and stream exclusively on Funimation's platform.
- Designs and cast for the main character and the main staff have also been announced. Keitaro Motonaga will direct the anime, Studio A-Cat will be in charge of production, Takamitsu Kouno will be in charge of composition, Kumi Horii will be in charge of character design, and Go Sakabe will compose the anime's soundtrack.
- The story of She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man centers on Kagami Sakimori, a gamer in an MMO game in which he plays as one of the nine great sages of the world, the stoic summoner Dunbalf. One day, when he falls asleep after spending a whole night playing games, he wakes up in the game world as his character, a cute girl.
- The light novel Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja is written by Hirotsugu Ryuusen and illustrated by Fuzichoco, and was first published on Micro Magazine's GC Novels imprint in June 2014.
- A manga adaptation of the novels by Dicca Suemitsu began serialization on Micro Magazine's Comic Ride website in July 2016. Currently, the manga has six published compilation volumes, with the most recent one being released on January 30th.
- Seven Seas has licensed the light novel and manga, with the first manga volume to publish in July and the first novel volume publishing in August.
A brand new isekai to look forward to!
The novels are so good!