Sorairo Days MV
What You Need to Know:
- Summer time is pretty hot just about anywhere you go, and at times it's challenging to maintain a sweet aroma even with a few rolls under the armpits. Humidity can strike at any moment and if you're not careful, you might cause some issues once you lift your arm up (heat stroke isn't the only stroke you'll get). So how can we curb this situation and avoid dire consequences in the heat? Well, leave it to Japan to come up with some intriguing products to not only keep you smelling fresh but maintain that otaku image!
- Famous ani-otaku Shoko Nakagawa (known as Shoko-tan here in Japan) was proud to promote a wonderful anime perfume collaboration with the classic Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann series, which got our attention pretty quickly. This new lineup is promoting four kinds of perfume, two of which are Eau de Perfume that showcase Kamina and Yoko. The other two are roll-on fragrances who showcase Shimon and Nia on the front. Each of the bottles focus on specific traits/characteristics of the characters and the overall package designs pay homage to famous scenes in the anime.
- In addition to this, popular anime website Natalie conducted an interview with Shoko Nakagwa, who's known for singing "Sorairo Days" in the anime. Shoko had a chance to try the perfume and she provided her own impressions of each product, while mentioning how singing Sorairo Days was a turning point in her life.
- In the interview she states that she has used plenty of perfume products since junior high school, and that the Eau de perfume version is, "A little fruity but fresh, and not too sweet. It's like Sorairo Days. When I was filled with this scent, I feel encouraged to do things more passionately."
- She continues by saying that she openly promotes the idea of selling perfume as character related goods for fans. "After we grow up, even though we are eager to wear character goods together, we have to mind being watched/judged by others. I think such goods which can be naturally distributed are the most ideal, so perfume is perfect because it is invisible. If we put on perfume, I can always feel the characters who I love. It encourages me as otaku. I hope we can keep enjoying such a goods from now."
- All of these items are available for purchase from Amazon along with the official website, but at the moment there's no word on whether they'll ship internationally. Find a friend who lives here in Japan and have them ship it over!
Official Product Images
I'll take the Kamina perfume! It must smell bad-ass!
I love the roll-on designs and they're also very effective in the summer!