New Open World Action RPG has Dozens of Playable Characters and Multiple Single- and Multi-Player Game Modes
Fans Can Sign Up for the New App Starting Today!
What You Need to Know:
- Funimation has always been the premiere home for the heroes of My Hero Academia. But now, the superpowered Midoriya and his heroes-in-training classmates are on the move in a new mobile game from Sony Pictures Television (SPT) Games and Funimation.
- Based on the wildly popular anime series My Hero Academia on Funimation, My Hero Academia: The Strongest Hero allows fans to play their favorite characters from Class 1-A, including Midoriya, Bakugo, and Todoroki, pro heroes like All Might and Endeavor, and even villains like Stain. Players will be able to build their own team roster in story mode and take on classic villains like Shigaraki and Nomu. My Hero Academia: The Strongest Hero will also challenge other players in PVP or take on the Allied Assault in co-op mode. New content will be released every month, adding more of the players’ favorite heroes and villains.
- The game, which will be available to players beginning this spring, will be in English and accessible to fans in North America, Latin America, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and Scandinavia. My Hero Academia: The Strongest Hero is age-rated 12+. The game contains in-app purchases. Gamers can sign up now at MyHeroGame.com.
- Fans can sign up now at MyHeroGame.com, The App Store for iOS or Google Play for Android.
- My Hero Academia returned to Funimation last month in multiple territories across the globe. The fifth season of the anime kicked off with the Joint Training Arc, which saw Class 1-A and Class 1-B's students pitted against each other in a series of team battles that demonstrate just how much each respective class has grown. Season five will bring action-packed stories that viewers won’t want to miss out on, including the iconic series’ 100th episode. My Hero Academia is a Japanese anime series based on the manga series by Kohei Horikoshi. It tells the story of a young boy, Izuku Midoriya, who lives in a universe where superpowers -- or “Quirks” -- have become commonplace. Midoriya dreams of being a hero, although he was born without Quirks. Through the help of friends, family, and heroes, Midoriya is admitted into THE prestigious high school for heroes in training. This is where his journey begins. My Hero Academia is produced by Studio Bones and distributed by the My Hero Academia production committee.
My Hero Academia: The Strongest Hero Extended Trailer
“We’re incredibly excited to bring fans the first ever My Hero Academia mobile game available outside Asia. The game is beautiful, immersive and filled with action and heroes.”
Paul Joffe, VP of Games at Sony Pictures Television Games
“Fresh from the launch of the new season of My Hero Academia, Funimation is committed to delighting fans on more platforms and in more ways than ever, and The Strongest Hero allows them to enjoy the franchise’s characters, content and one another on the go. Excitement in My Hero Academia is at all all-time high, and it’s the perfect time to bring fans a new mobile gaming experience for the first time ever outside of Asia.”
Mitchel Berger, Senior Vice President of Global Commerce for the Funimation Global Group
Source: Official Press Release
About Sony Pictures Television Games
Sony Pictures Television Games is an award-winning, world-class mobile games publisher that is recognized for its premier brands including: Jeopardy!, Wheel of Fortune, Who Wants to be a Millionaire and Hotel Transylvania. Recent games include the Emmy®-winning Jeopardy! PlayShow and Zombieland: AFK Survival.
Funimation distributes the best anime to a passionate, global community of fans. For over 25 years, Funimation has pioneered an omni-channel approach to engaging and entertaining millions where they want it most—streaming, home entertainment, theatrical, e-commerce, merchandising, live events, and more.
Funimation’s streaming services offer a growing catalog of over 700 anime series and 13,000+ hours of content available on 15 platforms and 49 countries. Funimation’s in-house team designs must-have, exclusive collectibles distributed through major retailers and an e-commerce site; Funimation’s theatrical division is responsible for six of the top 20 anime films in the U.S. As pioneers of the SimulDub™, Funimation is the gold standard for foreign language dubbing of Japanese anime with the highest quality standards and fidelity to the original artists. With a fan-centric approach, Funimation has built a loyal social community of over 30 million followers and earned the trust of Japan’s most iconic creators.
Funimation has nine offices in six countries and hundreds of employees worldwide. As an independently operated joint venture between U.S.-based Sony Pictures Entertainment and Japan’s Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., Funimation benefits from deep entertainment expertise across cultures, territories, and languages.
To learn more about Funimation, visit funimation.com and follow Funimation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.